Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    munoz6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Kenmore Washer won't spin
    I have searched everywhere but haven't been able to find an answer to this one.

My washer is only about 3 yrs old. It runs through the cycles just fine but when it tries to click over to the spin cyle you can hear the motor running but it does not spin. I lift the lid and I and about 1 second later I hear a click, then the basket inside spins about one revolution. I close the lid and it spins just fine.

I also tried holding the switch down with the lid up and you can see the basket try to start spinning but fails miserably until I release said switch.

Oh yeah and it does drain out just fine too.

Any ideas??
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 23, 2006, 05:12 PM
    On that machine the transmission needs two spin cycles to spin. When the motor reverces for spin the transmission goes into netural to allow the water to pump out with out the motor trying to spin-out the cloths at the same time. The timer should pause the motor after the water drains and start the spin cycle again. This time the transmission goes into spin.
    When you lift the lid and pause the motor the transmission "DROPS" into spin. Then when you close the lid it spins.
    The only control for the motor pause is the timer. Sounds like the contacts are sticking.
    I would say it needs a new timer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer noisy spin cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore washer purchased Mar. 2001. The final spin cycle is very noisy (sounds like -but isn't- an unbalanced load) what should I check first?

1 year old Kenmore Washer won't spin or drain [ 2 Answers ]

My one year old Kenmore washing machine won't agitate, spin, or drain the water. Could it be the lid switch or something else?

Kenmore washer won't spin, clicking [ 17 Answers ]

We have a relatively new (3 years or so) Kenmore Elite washer. It has been having the same problem on and off for a few weeks now. The washer will agitate during the wash and rinse cycles, but stops when it gets to the spin cycle. It just sits there full of water from the rinse, and emits a foul...

Kenmore washer won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 or 3 year old Kenmore washer suddenly stopped spinning! It goes through the entire cycle then suddenly stops at the spin cycle. It makes plenty of noise as if it is was the spin cycle but then when you go to unload the clothes, they are sopping wet. Yet they are not standing in water. The...

Kenmore Washer Won't Complete Spin Cycle [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore 110.4549290 that will agitate, and even will spin up to and including the start of the rinse cycle. It then drains the first rinse water, puts in a couple cups of water, but does not go into the rest of the spin cycle. The timer can be heard running (quietly), and it shuts...

View more questions Search