Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mold problem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Can mold be effectively be removed in a mobile home?
    My daughter is living in a 1980 mobile home with mold in walls and ceiling and is symptomatic for 6 months with upper respiratory/nasal problems. Can a person replace walls, ceilings, and roof and rid place of mold and safely live in home.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 01:43 PM

Yes it could be done but it may cost more than the home is worth. The interior wall material, insulation and likely exterior needs to be removed and/or cleaned with a mildewcide, flooring too.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 05:19 PM

I hate to say it but Ive been there before with customers. 9 of 10 its cheaper to replace the Home.

Its an 80s home and lived it time.

Thake caution if you do replace it. Check with the local codes on placing another mobile home on that lot. Seen people yank off the old and not grandfathered it. Once a lot has NO structure it can easily fall under the new if any restrictions of lot size and new zoning laws..
    CyFree Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Aug 18, 2009, 07:51 AM
    As long as every porous and organic surface is removed and discarded and the place is treated with fungicide, According to the Center for Disease Control there is no way to effectively remove mold from porous and organic surfaces.
    I am afraid however, that this process might, as others here said, cost more than the home is worth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mold on OSB under carpet in mobile home? [ 3 Answers ]

We recently bought a house with a mobile home guest house, and allowed a friend of a friend to stay in the guest house for a few months in exchange for minor repairs. The guest house is now empty and smells of dog urine, so we pulled the carpet up and found mold in the OSB sub floor. I dumped...

Removed from Home [ 3 Answers ]

He's the situation. I'm in the middle of a long, drawn out divorce from my ex-wife. She cheated on me and I found out about it a little over a year ago. She has subsequently moved out of our house and is living in an apartment, but because I can't afford to pay the mortgage (I was a full time...

Mold in a Mobile Home [ 3 Answers ]

I was at a mobile home park this weekend and they showed me a home that would be available in a few weeks. It had a very severe mold problem in the interior. The person doing the maintenance said they would be removing the walls and insulation and part of the floor that had mold and this would...

Conversion of mobile home to single family home [ 5 Answers ]

In 1995, we bought some land & moved a salvaged mobile home on it. The mobile wasn't permanent meaning we only needed to live in it until we could build our house. We first added onto the mobile a 12x60 section. We then began to tear down the mobile home & eventually added a front section. The...

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

View more questions Search