Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Aug 11, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Alimony during tough times
    Hello:

If you work for a company that may be folding soon, and you find yourself out of a job, about the same time your wife decides she wants to leave you, and the judge orders alimony, yet you loose your job and due to this economy have to settle for a considerable less wage on the hour, what do you do? Just go to jail?

Or move to Mexico?

Just wondering, I'm predicting a 50% chance of rain on this one...
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 04:04 PM

Go back to court and request a modification order due to change in financial situation.

Happens all the time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2009, 04:05 PM

And normally you don't go to jail for not paying alimony, you go to jail for not paying child support
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Aug 17, 2009, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the info. Don't know what's going to happen. Sometimes one threatens to leave while the other threatens to lay off, sometimes one does it and the other don't.

Sometimes every plays nice. I don't know what the hell to expect one day from the next.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tough, Tough, Sport. Respect Is Due [ 2 Answers ]

This sport is very tough. I have always had much respect for triathletes. I would love to discuss the sport further with the athletes themselves.

Quotes for tough times [ 5 Answers ]

When I'm feeling down, I always look for inspirational quotes to help me get through whatever it is that I'm feeling. So below are 2 quotes that I have found helpful. Please feel free to reply with more quotes that help you and might be helpful for others. There are things we dont want to...

A Tough One [ 1 Answers ]

De-orbit maneuvers are usually done to lower the perigee of the orbit to 60 miles (or less). The Orbiter is captured and re-enters as it passes into the atmosphere at this altitude. There is a change of 1 mile for every 2 feet per second (fps) change in velocity when you are below a 500-mile...

It seems so tough to get together [ 3 Answers ]

I feel like it's very tough sometimes to have these conversations with friends because they unfortunately can become irritated and biased in certain situations. I have been dating this amazing girl for a little over 5 weeks. From the first night we met we have had the most amazing chemistry....

Here's a tough one. [ 3 Answers ]

It's a long story, but here goes... The sister of a girl I was seeing awhile back just got in contact with me to let me know that her sister had just committed suicide last week. Along with that blow came another one... One month ago she had our child. I was dumbfounded to say the least. I...

View more questions Search