Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    M_F Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Search box for website
    I'd like to create a search box that only searches my site.

What code do I use?

Also, is there a way to have "common searches" come in a drop down box under the search as someone is typing, sort of like an auto-complete (similar to google)

Thanks for the direction
    Alacadabra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Download Windows Freeware and shareware - Tucows is a link to freeware/shareware search engines that you can download and use on your web site. All come with different features and are documented for your customizations. General individual browser settings determine command line/text completion for forms although there is also something called "search engine query log mining" which when used will allow your search engine to make recommendations on queries based on previous queries. Again, this is a feature you would have to look for and enable on one of the aforementioned out of the box solutions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Add search box to my website [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how, or the HTML code, to add a search box to my website that I created? I can't seem to find the answer for "dummies" like myself!

Can someone tell me a free website to search for information on people [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to find background information for free on the internet of a guy I've just met who has promised me the world. Can someone tell me a website to use to find out any information I can for free

For website traffic, how to do search engines & keywords? [ 8 Answers ]

To draw traffic to my website(s), I need a bit of guidance as to how to work search engines (and which ones) and how to do keywords. I'm reasonably competent with words, but I'm a real novice with the technical side of computers and internet. I just try to remember which buttons I used when it...

Getting my website in the top of search [ 2 Answers ]

What are the necessary steps to get my website into the top of the Google list? Someone told me that you have eto pay Google boatloads of cash for this to happen. Is this true?

View more questions Search