Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Aug 11, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Baby hasn't kicked and feeling really sick
    I am 21 weeks pregnant and the baby has not kicked in 24 hours. My morning sickness went away at 13 weeks, but since yesterday morning it has returned for two days strait. In the last 5 weeks I have experience dizzy spells and my arms are so sore they feel like they are to fall off. Plus I feel like someone is sitting on my chest and I can't breath right. I have had no cramping or bleeding :)

What is going on? I didn't feel this way with my daughter when I was pregnant. I have only gained 9 lbs with this pregnancy and I know I have lost 5 in the last 4 weeks. I am just not hungry anymore and I don't sleep well I can never fall asleep nor stay sleeping.

Any answers would be great thanks guys
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:53 AM

If you haven't felt the baby kick in 24 hours, call your OB. While its probably nothing to worry about, your OB will be able to more accurately diagnose what is actually going on. We on the internet would just be guessing.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 11, 2009, 09:56 AM

While you're waiting to go to your doctor drink a glass of orange juice and eat a candy bar. The sugar may wake your baby up.

You definitely need to call your doctor.
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Aug 11, 2009, 10:17 AM

I have a appointment tomorrow afternoon. I was thinking if there was something wrong with the baby, wouldn't I be bleeding or having major cramps?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by davejag View Post
    I have a appointment tomorrow afternoon. I was thinking if there was something wrong with the baby, wouldn't I be bleeding or having major cramps?
    Probably.

If it is really bothering you, I bet if you called the office they could have a nurse do a fetal heart rate just to ease your mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't stop feeling sick! [ 19 Answers ]

Whenever I eat something, within the first few bites I feel as if I'm going to up chuck at any given moment. It's not every time, but its often enough! I tried to eat a chicken wrap (I love chicken) for lunch the other day, I took one bite and nearly lost my breakfast as soon as I swallowed,...

Feeling sick- what have I got? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone! I am going up to the city with my best friend tomorrow, but I'm not feeling so hot. I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what I have and maybe give me some suggestions on how to get better, faster? See, I'm almost never sick (one cold, in three years), and I'm not...

Feeling sick [ 16 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have recently started having unprotected sex, and now I feel sick sometimes. I have always had a touchy stomach, but it seems to be happening more often recently. I have never actually thrown up when this feeling occurs, and I get my period regularly. Is this something to worry...

Feeling sick at home [ 10 Answers ]

Ever since my family and I moved into our new home, we've been feeling sick. We all suffer from a host of symptoms including headaches, respiratory and sinus problems, nauseousness, especially in the morning, chest pain, mental confusion, which is the most worrisome especially at this young age,...

View more questions Search