Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tanker6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 07:11 AM
    MediGap Insurance in Georgia for Disabled 56 Yr. old
    My wife recently was declared "Disabled" by the courts and put on Social Security Disability. She has been given Medicare Parts A & B. I am trying to find a MediGap or Part F policy for me to buy for her to supplement her Medicare. It is becoming a daunting task.
    rosskie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 12:38 PM
    In Georgia (and most states) you need to be 65 to get Medigap. Try instead for an Advantage Plan and/or a Plan D (if drugs are a major issue).
    babercrombie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rosskie View Post
    In Georgia (and most states) you need to be 65 to get Medigap. Try instead for an Advantage Plan and/or a Plan D (if drugs are a major issue).
    Female Age 55 Disabled Needing a Medicare Advantage Plan in Georgia. Who covers this with Prescription Drugs are a major issue?
    babercrombie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 06:23 PM

Who can we get coverage Medicare Advantage for a female age 55 who is covered under Parts A and B in Medicare? Prescription drug coverage is important?
    rosskie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 06:20 AM
    Go to Medicare.gov, your plans, and look at either the Medicare Advantage Plans or the Plan D plans. If she uses a lot of brand name prescriptions search for the best (least expensive) Plan D, and then add a Medicare Advantage (with drug covergage) on top. If her specific doctors are important to her (which I'm guessing they are), choose a PFFS plan (private fee for service). Almost all doctors who accept Medicare accept PFFS plans.

Unfortunately, there are about 100 choices in Georgia, and the drug prices on Medicare are not very reliable, but if you follow these tips you can trim the Plan D to the top six and then research them, and the same with the Advantage plan. I have chosen Medco and Secure Horizons, but you wife's best option depends on her drugs and doctors.
    rdmachost Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 08:53 AM
    Comment on rosskie's post
    Georgia now offers persons under 65 and receiving disability Supplemental plans
    rdmachost Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 08:55 AM
    Comment on rosskie's post
    You are now eligible for Supplemental plans in Georgia.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Georgia Medicare Supplement policy age 59 disabled [ 11 Answers ]

Is there a medicare supplement or medigap policy in Georgia for Male age 59 just Received medicare for disability.

Supplemental insurance disabled under 65 [ 2 Answers ]

I am 62 , disabled in a work related accident. I just received my medicare card and I need a supplemental insurance. Can anyone help me? I am a resident of Tennessee.

Non-resident Georgia taxes, working within Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

I have been working in Georgia, for a Georgia based company, for the past 22 years while living in Florida. I have had Georgia tax taken out of my salary all this time. I have filed Georgia Income Tax and filled out the schedule for "Non-residents" every year. It indicates that I must pay the tax...

Medigap insurance in TN under 65 if Disabled [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Tennessee I am permanetly disabled since 1994 on SS Disabilty and have Medicare Parts A and B with a present Secondary insurance covering the 20% and my pharmaceticals. I was married for 36 years and last year my husband left me. I am now divorced and presently still on Medicare Parts A...

Has Medicare and VA disability Does he need MEDIGAP? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is covered (will be) under Medicare. He is also covered under VA with a 60 percent disability - (his meds are free). If he loses his cobra, should he get medigap coverage, or is his coverage sufficient?

View more questions Search