Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vacationgirl36 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Violation Of Probation
    My husband was charged with Resisting Arrest w/o Violence.
    He was sentenced to take 8 hr Anger management Class.
    Probation for 1 year.
    Write apology letter to cop.
    Pay court fees & FInes = 825.00.

My husband was pulled back into jail for Violation Of Probation.
    Everything else was completed. Husband. THOUGHT, probation was over once
    he finished his classes and wrote apology letter - ( this is what Judge led him to believe).
    But later after reading the court paper's, I discovered they crossed our Probation will automatically terminate - crossing ouT automatically and writing over it the word MAY terminate. He saw the judge and he did not give a second bond - giving a court date for 30 days from now. What will happen when he goes before the judge? Will they say time served, or issue more probation time, or more jail time. Or what? I really need answers.:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2006, 10:33 AM
    Its hard to tell. On the face of it it appears that it should be waived, but you never can tell. Since he took the class, paid the fine and wrote the apology, what did he violate? The only thing I can see would be reporting to the probation officer. Didn't his PO try to contact him or did they just pick him up when he missed his first appt?

Oct 23, 2006, 10:45 AM
    Yes, they did send a letter.
    But my suborn husband, said the letter is a mistake and the judge would know.
    Had previosly reported to the probation officer three times.
    On the last visit to the probatiotion officer -He said he would take care of things and see to it my husbnads final ppr be sent to the judge.
    I guess this is when he realized the scratched out word on his court papers. This really was a trick on the courts part.
    Any way, now he's in jail no bond and currently working double-shifts in the kitchen - they listed him as a trustee - Please note: this is Seminole County -Florida. I don't know what will happen when he goes before the judge. My husband does not want probation! He rather sit in jail, first. YES, I know he is very stubborn.. But I just hate not knowing.:confused:

Oct 23, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Well, I hope he's learned you DO NOT ignore a letter from a PO or a court. As soon as he got the letter he should have called or gone into the PO and found out what was going on. Ignoring the letter was a BIG mistake.

Again, its hard to tell what the court will decide. If he was just picked up, he could plead that he was under the impression from the judge and the PO that it was all done with. That's still his argument, but having gotten the letter its harder to make a case for that.

Oct 23, 2006, 11:04 AM
    WELL, what's the worse that can happen?

Oct 23, 2006, 11:12 AM
    He could get jail time for the balance of his probation.

Oct 23, 2006, 11:21 AM
    Thank you for your honesty and quick responses. In truth, My husband has been in jail, 30 already. HE will be seeing a judge today at 1:30 - I'm biting off all my nails waiting to hear the outcome. I am at work, typing to you instead of working... I hate this!
    I would love to hear time served and he's released. But I know that is wishfull thinking.
    I'm sure the latter will be complete the rest of his probtion time. ANd he will not want that.
    THe worse as you said will be jail time for the remainding 5 months. This he will do!
    But that leaves me to deal with everything on the outside - And that includes staying Celibate. The worse thing about all of this is the family has to be punished same as the offender. And the charge is so dumb! I'm a mother with 2 teenage boys. I don't drive, and live more than 1 hr away from work. Don't mind me - I'm just venting. Thanks again.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2006, 12:09 PM
    Hello vacation:

Tell him NOT to tell the judge that he'd rather not have probation. Believe me, the judge would just as soon that he sit in the can.

I've done time with people like your husband. They don't believe they can live up the rules of probation or parole, so they'd rather sit in the slam.? I never did understand that kind of thinking.

Your husband doesn't think he can make it on probation?? Where does he get that from? He already did make it. Tell him all he has to do as answer the letters they send.

excon
    lovehurts707 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 02:19 PM
    Could a restrained person also file for a restraning order after one was granted on them?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2010, 03:27 PM

Hello love:

Sure.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of probation? [ 18 Answers ]

I am on probation right now for possession charges in New Jersey. I have 5 months left, and am currently in college out of state. Last weekend I received a DUI (at college) but the hearing will not be until next spring, after my probation period has ended. Will my PO find out about this?...

Probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

I got 18 monthes on probation in October 2005 in may of 2006 I got a owi I onley had eleven monthes of probation left. An I told my po in 48 houers an asked if there was any thing I can do to not be violated an she said she was going to talk to her boss an told me to call her back an I called her...

Violation of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I received a underage drinking ticket and am currently on probation for that. I received a violation of probation for missing one of my alcoholic classes, because I had class conflicts at my university. I am working two jobs and going to school. Does this Violation in Indiana require me to go to...

Probation violation [ 7 Answers ]

Dose any one know if a probation violation is filed when youer arrested for a new charge or after you plead quilty to the new charge ?

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on probation sense October 2005 in may 2005 I was arrested for owi I asked my po if there was any thing I could do to not be violated she said she was going to talk to her boss an to call her back she said I was not going to be violated as long as I went to drug an alcohole classes an I...

View more questions Search