Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevval Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 10:27 AM
    College/degree question
    My daughter is a junior in HS and she is interested in pursuing a career in orthotics/prosthetics. We are trying to locate information on which colleges would be the best for her, to help her in this pursuit. Also, we need some help in determining what her degree should be in; we know there are few schools that offer the actual orthotics/prosthetics degree. We were thinking a degree in Sports Medicine or Athletic Training might get her on the right track, but we’re just not sure. She is a great, well-rounded student, and her GPA is 3.75.
    Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 07:31 PM
    Why not have her interview some of the professionals in the orthotic/prosthesis field and hear what they have to say? I know several and they all come from different fields. My son has three of those professionals he sees for his various orthotics and one had his background training as an RN, one as a physical therapist, and the other one has her background in Athletic Training. But they all went back for further education to be certified orthotists. But you have colleges that offer what she is looking for already - has she visited with admission counselors? They can give her curriculum and course work the college expects and also what their internships entail.
    She has a bright future ahead of her! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On probation as of feb 1st I have question,can I leave state for a college visit ? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: HELP!! OK I've been placed on probation for the next 3 yrs of my life.this is my first offense.I'm 21.I am scheduled to go to Arizona in march for 3 days for college campus visits.I live in ny.What are my chances of getting to leave state?My probation officer said "it's going to be...

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

College Credit for Interning Question [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California and I graduated from college last year. I want to apply for an internship in Boston, but they won't let me apply unless I can get college credit for the internship. I checked with my alma mater and they would charge $1620 to credit it. I don't have $1620 to pay for it. I tried...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

View more questions Search