Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miss lisa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Eviction and still paying rent?
    My friend is living in a crappy apartment that she is to pay 650 dollars a month for. Her and her exboyfriend are on the lease but he doesn't pay his half of rent. The landlord told her that if she payed 325 of it she could just move out. Now she is saying that she is going to evict her and she is still gonna have to pay rent. Can she do that??? :confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2006, 11:12 AM
    Yes, the landlord can do that. It's not very honorable to make an offer than change it... but that's how it works.

I'd suggest to your friend to go to the landlord to ask nicely if she would still accept the half rent and move out.

Technically speaking, your friend is jointly and severally responsible for the rent anyway... so if she can pay half and move, then it's a good deal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting Adult Child not paying Rent [ 9 Answers ]

How can I throw an adult child who will not follow rules of house and just want to waste his life away?

Non-paying roommate [ 3 Answers ]

I am from MN as well as one of my other roommates. They non-paying person is from WA. We all signed a lease last year to rent a house from our current landlords. The house we are renting is in ND. Both me and my roommate as well as my landlords received letter today informing us that the third...

Roommate not paying rent, but leaving in 3 weeks. [ 3 Answers ]

My roommate is moving out oct 26, 2006 - he is not on the lease, I am, and we have a verbal agreement.. he has been OK up to this point - last month he paid 1/2 his rent and this month he has still not paid. What I am asking is, if he does not pay this months rent, and he is out in 3 weeks...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Sister-in-law Not Paying Rent [ 10 Answers ]

Help! My sister-in-law rents from us at our salon and she is behind two months in rent. When she started renting from us about 1 year ago, she agreed to pay rent. She only works one day a week and we gave her the first 2 months rent free to help her get on her feet. When we asked for rent on...

View more questions Search