Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Feb 7, 2004, 05:01 PM
    Toolbar
    I have lost the Speaker Icon on the Tool Bar.
    Any suggestions... redfin
    Try Start-->Settings-->Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices, and then click "place volume icon in taskbar"...

~psi42

Feb 7, 2004, 10:43 PM
    Toolbar
    What version of windows?

Feb 8, 2004, 06:10 PM
    Re: Toolbar
    W98 se.. which I have just had to reinstall as a result of 'boot up' failure.
    When I go to the Control Panel and open Sounds, all that apears is the "Sounds Properties" Window... so I have no selestions other than the sounds... no chance to choose the Display for the tool bar.
    Hmm... does your sound work at all? In any applications?

Feb 8, 2004, 09:15 PM
    All sounds work perfectly... no problems... just the missing Speaker Icon... I can live without it, but it's a 'nice to have' item. Redfin
    Hmm... well you're kind of in luck. I have an old system running win98, and as soon as I can, I'll boot it up and get the "exact" procedure to get the taskbar icon back. Only problem is, I think I wrote a bootloader to the thing's boot partition, which is bad... it will have to wait until tomorrow, when I'll see exactly what happened, or next week, when I can restore it from backup... whoops

Sorry
    ~psi42

Feb 8, 2004, 10:14 PM
    No sweat... I can live without it for a while.. do you need a copy of the boot disk... I have several... keep them on hand, just in case... and, I always add "Doskey", so that when I make typos I can correct them easily.
    I could email one. Redfin

It's a little late for that. I tried to "fix" it and ended up writing an awful lot of zeros to the thing. Next week I'll be able to restore it from backup... until then, good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toolbar... [ 16 Answers ]

My PC was conquered by spyware and malware... and my toolbar was gone and I can't make it back even installing it again... :confused: I already run a BPS antivir... but saying that some component can't be deleted please restart your PC and run bps again, so I run it again but same, some...

IE toolbar reset [ 1 Answers ]

My IE toolbars reset every time I reboot. Any customizations I've made are lost and I have to do them again. I've fixed this before in the registry, but I can't remember how. Does anyone know how to solve this?

AzeSearch Toolbar [ 15 Answers ]

I discovered the AzeSearch Toolbar on my browser last night. (I blame my husband for it, LOL!) Anyway, I followed some directions online on how to remove it manually, by searching for certain filenames and deleting them in safe mode. I also deleted some registry keys. The toolbar is gone and I...

HELP.Can't get rid of toolbar\common.dll [ 3 Answers ]

Used Spybot and AdAware... several times... I get a message that it can't remove these files: C:\Program Files\toolbar\common.dll C:\Program Files\toolbar\PIB.exe C:\Program Files\toolbar\TBPS.exe C:\Program Files\toolbar\toolbar.dll How do I get rid of these files? Also, I have run...

View more questions Search