Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dshackleford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 07:50 PM
    Interested in being a foster parent
    I am interested in being a foster parent.I do not have good credit will this stop me?:):)
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 05:42 AM

Depends. One of the requirements (at least in FL) is to currently be in good financial standing. The specific rule says "able to meet the financial obligations of your current family".

Are your credit issues in the past or are you constantly being hounded by collectors?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dshackleford View Post
    I am interested in being a foster parent.I do not have good credit will this stop me?:):)
    A guy I work with, In Georgia, has filed for bankruptcy in the last 2 years and is a new foster parent. He and his wife have two little girls.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 09:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dshackleford View Post
    Most cases, you need to be sure you are able to give a safe environment for the foster child! And as long as your heart is in the right place and you are not considering using a foster child for financial gain, then you need to call human services in your area and get the ball rolling. I know for a fact as of right now there are not enough people on the registry to be foster parents, they need good people to help these kids right now! :) This isn't the easiest thing in the world to do... there are so many issues with children in foster care that you need to think this through all the way... and make sure you set stipulations early on when you get on the foster parent list. Age, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, and many more... do your research and be sure you are ready for anything. I commend you for wanting to do this, it is very rewarding in your heart and to the child you are helping! Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my foster care record, I don't Know were I was born, and parent died [ 5 Answers ]

I need know how I can get my Foster care Record, My parent died when I was 4. I live with my grandmother for about a year then she past away. I was placed in foster care with my aunt, she was very mean and was only in it for the money. At seventeen I finally left but the only information I had...

Becoming a foster parent [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to be a foster parent, and I really thank that I will be a good foster mom, and just hope I'm not making a big mistake

Becoming a foster parent [ 5 Answers ]

I THINK this is the right spot for this queston.. My husband and I are looking into being a foster home. Does anyone know the requirements in Arizona? And what we have to do to become a foster famly?

I live in Michigan and wondering about becoming a Foster Parent [ 3 Answers ]

I'm thinking of becoming a Foster Parent. I would just like some insight, maybe from other parents in Michigan, that will help me answer some questions that I may have. I love kids and know that I can provide them with a warm, loving environment. I just am concerned with something's. Can anyone...

I am trying to become a licensed Foster Parent in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

After undergoing a fingerprint analysis, to be approved as a licensed Foster Parent in the state of Texas, it came back Criminal Intent in the state of Pennsylvania. Upon trying to obtain a copy of my record to explain that it was nothing to do with bodily harm however all records were destroyed...

View more questions Search