Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gracedescending Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 06:59 PM
    Possible to avoid gallstone removal surgery?
    Hi there, does anyone have experience with curing their own gallstones using alternative remedies like castor oil packs rather than surgery?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 07:14 PM

It may depend on how bad they are if they are severe then you may have to get to the doctors.

Some alternatives are
    Taking magnesium and vitamin D3

Lemon & Olive oil drink can be taken daily.

To make this you need one organic lemon one table spoon of Extra virgin olive oil, a glass & a half of clean spring water or filtered/spring water.

Wash the Lemon, cut out any dark bits, then roughly chop the whole thing including the rind & put in a blender.
    Add the table spoon of Virgin Olive oil & the glass & a half of water - blend this for 60 seconds - strain & serve.

If you wish to gain weight split the drink into three portions & drink with each meal throughout the day.

This drink manages to restore the Ph of your saliva which in turn helps you to absorb the nutrients from the food you eat.
    If drunk all in one go first thing in the morning (an hour before eating) it will flush & detox the Liver & Gallbladder.

PH balance your system
    Lesson 18 - Restoring pH Balance in the Body

Natural Cures Remedies | Natural Cures for Gallstones

Check with your dr to make sure that it is safe to do these with any medications you may be on.
    handyamby Posts: 29, Reputation: 7

Aug 10, 2009, 07:25 PM

Yes!! If you do have your gallbladder removed you may still have pain, just not as bad, from eating certain foods. I know the pain is bad, really bad! But if you can manage it by eating only veg and water and fruit while you do a gallbladder cleanse it is worth it. I was down to eating almost nothing when I started researching and found out that my chiropractor had helped some of his patients do various cleanses. You need your gallbladder, try to avoid having it out.
    Just Google gallbladder cleanse and lots of stuff comes up. I did a epsom salt and olive oil cleanse. The pain is gone and I can eat whatever I want. Sometimes I feel the symptoms of a stone coming back when I over indulge in cakes and breads (that is what really sets me off) and eggs are really bad, but I will just do a mini cleanse and I am okay again. There are many recipes even a diet coke one. There are also herbal teas you can use like "liver tea" (tastes okay) Gull bladder problems run in my family and most of my relatives who have had theirs out have problems eating certain foods.
    Good luck!
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 07:27 PM

The epsom salt contains magnesium but it is really not recommended to drink it but with some people it does help.
    gracedescending Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 09:48 PM

Thanks for your replies, I've never considered a cleanse before but ill look into it. Cheers!
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 09:51 PM

With cleanses you need to be careful not to over do them. Usually a couple to a few days will do it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2009, 07:04 PM

I had my gall bladder out some 15+ years ago and can eat anything I wish. I am glad that I did have it out as my gall bladder was pumping "gravel" into my pancreas making me extremely ill. No amount of home remedies would have solved that problem - only surgery cured the problem. And no, you don't need your gall bladder as your digestive system compensates for the lack of the gall bladder and still produces stomach bile.

The only thing I could not eat in any larger amounts for about 6 months after my surgery was fat such as contained in TV dinners. I had to watch the fat content of my food or I would get gas or diarrhea. Now I have no problems eating anything - only broccoli which I don't care for anyway.

If you keep having pain and know you have gall stones, please see a dr and have the proper testing done as this may be more serious a problem than you think. Gall stones don't just go away, they get bigger or more numerous.
    handyamby Posts: 29, Reputation: 7

Aug 31, 2009, 08:15 AM

While your gallbladder is a non-vital organ, it does serve a purpose. It sends extra bile into your intestines to help digest fat. The liver also puts bile into your intestines, but at a constant trickle whereas the gallbladder contracts and adds a pool of bile to your intestine after a meal to aid in digestion. Many people who have their gallbladders removed have to maintain a low fat diet to avoid diarrhea.
    If a gallbladder is constantly having blockages even after a cleanse, which does in fact help you pass stones, then yeah a cleanse is only a temporary solution. And yes, research on proper procedure for doing a cleanse or help from a naturopath is recommended, obviously.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tubular breasts, surgery or no surgery? [ 28 Answers ]

Growing up I always hoped my weird looking breasts just hadn't fully developed but I'm now 21 and they're still the same. I didn't realise there was a medical name for my problem but recently I've been looking into surgery and was told I had tubular breasts. It's not so much the breast that I'm...

Is she trying to avoid me [ 4 Answers ]

My Best friend had recently broken up with her boyfriend. During the time she was struggling with her relationship, I helped dealing with lots of stress. She had decided to move to another state. Ever since she got back, I feel different about our friendship. First she has not answer my phone...

Skin numbed after breast lump removal surgery [ 5 Answers ]

Dear all, I had a breast lump removal surgery two weeks ago, and thanks God it shows no malignancy and was only Fibrocystic disease, the whole mass was removed from an incision under my arm pit near the breast,, The problem is, the area arownd the incision is still swallowed and tender and...

How to avoid going through someone else? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to have my 10 month year old son adopted by my fiancé without the consent of the biological father?

Cosmetic Surgery thesis statement on Risks and benefits of Cosmetic Surgery [ 4 Answers ]

I need a thesis statement on Cosmetic Surgery, I will be during my essay on Risks and benefits. What are your thoughts?

View more questions Search