Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpeten Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 09:32 AM
    Kenmore Dishwasher
    Hello,

I have an older model Kenmore dishwasher which is no longer washing the dishes clean. What is the most cost-effective method; to repair or replace? Please advise.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 23, 2006, 02:05 PM
    To get a true answer to that question, we must learn why dishwasher is no longer performing as it should. Is everything working as it should?

Before I trashed a perfectly good dishwasher on the grounds it just isn't washing dishes as it should, I would probobly investigate why it isn't washing properly.

Is the pump working?

Have you tried cleaning out the pump impeller and hoses (pump hoses).

You could very well have a large chunk of derbis in one of the hoses to the pump or washarm, or the washarm itself. I have seen many dishwasher (especially chemical ones) have this problem, only to find out big piece of trash is blocking the pump hoses.

I would give everything a thourough cleaning first. This won't cost anything but a little time, and if that still doesn't work, you may want to consider a replacement. But something tells me it will.

Also verify that your element is working. Dishwashers work best with HOT water, hotter than your water heater is giving you. Chances are your element might not be working, and your only washing with 110-120 degree water.

As far as dishwasher soap, well opinions vary. Personally Great Value dishwasher soap is what I use, and Im satisfied with it, but that's just me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Dishwasher won't start [ 25 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher (model 665.1588) that will no longer start. Its roughly 4 years old. The Cancel/Drain button starts the 2 minute drain cycle, so I know its getting power. The China/Gentle light is the only cycle light that lights up (but I can't start it either). ...

Kenmore Dishwasher Not Working At All [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher Model #665 15779. It was working fine the other day and now it doesn't work at all. No lights in the display or anything either. I checked for power at the main connection and it is there. I opened up the front panel and checked the door switch and that appears to be...

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher that is approximately 5 years old. About 3 weeks ago the lock light started blinking. I held the No Heat button for 4 seconds to unlock which it did, but still will not start. Now, the delay 2 hour light is constantly blinking and my dishwasher still...

Kenmore 665 Dishwasher [ 5 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore Model 665/15767000 dishwasher with the wash light flashing continuously. Unfortunately, we have misplaced the owner's manual and have no clue what to do. Can anyone enlighten us? Thanks!

View more questions Search