Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 01:30 PM
    Strange dream walk.
    I have a reaccuring dream that has me walking with a severe limp, like one of my legs, usually the right leg, is a couple of inches shorter than the other. The dream is very odd - I have feelings of humiliation, (because of the limp) and a sense of being alone (not literally, but kind of emotionally) - I'm always walking in a public type surrounding, and feel like I just want to get where I'm trying to go (I never have an actual destination in the dream, I'm just walking, trying to cover up the limp as best I can) I guess I should call it a re-accuring theme, rather than dream because the dreams do vary with specifics, just the leg thing is consistent. I've been having dreams involving the limp for years - any ideas what limping in dreams might mean? (by the way, I consider myself fairly happy, have not been publicly humiliated, and have a great family and friend group... unless my subconcious feels otherwise? )
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 01:40 PM

To dream that you limp in your walk, denotes that a small worry will
    Unexpectedly confront you, detracting much from your enjoyment.
    Or
    A lack of balance in some relationship in your life. You feel that the relationship is one-sided. Perhaps you feel that you are giving more than you are getting back or vice-versa.
    Mistique Posts: 145, Reputation: 11

Nov 19, 2009, 01:22 PM
    Recurring Dreams
    Most dreams contain messages that serve to teach you something about yourself. However, soon after you wake up to go about your daily routine, you tend to quickly forget what you dream about. The message in recurring dreams may be so important and/or powerful that it refuses to go away. The frequent repetition of such dreams forces you to pay attention and confront the dream. It is desperately trying to tell you something. Such dreams are often nightmarish or frightening in their content, which also helps you to take notice and pay attention to them.

Recurring dreams are quite common and are often triggered by a certain life situation or a problem that keeps coming back again and again. These dreams may recur daily, once a week, or once a month. Whatever the frequency, there is little variation in the dream content itself. Such dreams may be highlighting a personal weakness, fear, or your inability to cope with something in your life - past or present.

The repetitive patterns in your dream reveal some of the most valuable information about yourself. It may point to a conflict, situation or matter in your waking life that remains unresolved or unsettled. Some urgent underlying message in your unconscious is demanding to be understood."
    Dream Moods: Recurring Dreams

Walking
    To dream that you are walking with ease, signifies a slow, but steady progress toward your goals. You are moving through life in a confident manner. Consider your destination.

To dream that you have difficulties walking, indicates that you are reluctant and hesitant in proceeding forward in some situation. You may also be trying to distance yourself from certain life experiences. The difficulty in walking is a reflection of your current situation and the obstacles that you are experiencing.

Limping
    To dream that you are limping, refers to a lack of balance in some relationship in your life. You feel that the relationship is one-sided. Perhaps you feel that you are giving more than you are getting back or vice-versa.

Legs
    To see your legs in your dream, indicate that you have regained confidence to stand up and take control again. It also implies progress and your ability to navigate through life. If your legs are weak, then you may be feeling emotionally vulnerable. If you see someone else's legs, then it represents your admiration for that person. You need to adopt some of the ways that this person does things.

To dream that your legs are wounded or crippled, signifies a lack of balance, autonomy, or independence in your life. You may be unable or unwilling to stand up for yourself. Perhaps you are lacking courage and refuse to make a stand. If your dream that one of your leg is shorter than the other, then it suggests that there is some imbalance in some aspect of your life. You are placing more emphasis and weight on one thing, while ignoring other important aspects that need attention as well. If you are a woman and dream that your legs are hairy, then it suggests that you domineering or that you dominate in the relationship.

To dream that you have three or more legs, denotes that you are undertaking too many projects than you can handle. Unfortunately, you will find these projects to be unfruitful and a waste of time.

Right
    To dream of the right, represents conscious reality, deliberate action and rational thoughts. It may also be a pun on the rightness of an idea, decision, or plan. The dream is offering encouragement and telling you that you are doing the right thing or that you are on the right path. Alternatively, perhaps you need to stand up for your "rights". Or it may also represent your right leaning political views.

Embarrassment
    To dream that you are embarrassed, signifies hidden weaknesses, fears and lack of self-confidence. This dream also suggests of insecurities about your sexuality.

Alone
    To dream that you are alone, indicates feelings of rejection. You may be feeling that no one understand you.

Dream Moods A-Z Dream Dictionary
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Nov 20, 2009, 03:55 PM

Wow - thanks, the lack of balance in the relationship portion really hits home!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange dream! [ 5 Answers ]

I had a dream that I would marry a guy I like right now. Does that mean I will marry him eventually or the opposite...

Strange Dream, Need clarification [ 3 Answers ]

I was at a camp and we went to a field behind my old middle school(im a freshman now) and it had a huge hill and a baseball field at the bottom and there were groups of people talking and there was a group of my friend (ex girlfriend, LDR)(who once lived near me in 5th grade) amy, my friend savana...

Strange reoccuring dream, [ 2 Answers ]

For several nights in a row I have had a dream of searching for something, I am in a very very large warehouse or something and an searching huge concrete blocks desperately. Evey thing in the dream is gray except for me. I do not know what I am looking for and when I wake up I am soaking wet...

View more questions Search