Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladybug123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2009, 11:22 AM
    No period, but negative pregnancy test
    My husband and I thought we had finally gotten pregnant and were just waiting gto test. I felt/feel pregnant, and certain things started happenign to my body. Like a constant feelign of beign drained, more frequent peeing, sore breasts once in a while (twinge in them) and off and on I would experience throbbign pain in lower left abdomin/ovary area. Also feeling gnauseous. We hadn't considered beign pregnant until a friend mentioned it.

But the pregnancy tests I've taken have all been negative. I took one the day my period was due. The next 3 days after, and the third 7 days after my period. It is now 11 days past the day my period was due, and I still feel pregnant. Is it worth going to the doctor for a blood test? Or could there be something else going on to nix my period?

I would sooo apprechiate advice, I'd like to figure out what's going on so we can either be excited or continue on trying
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Aug 10, 2009, 11:24 AM

You may want to check in with your doctor

Aug 10, 2009, 11:31 AM

Is it possible that it's just too early? My sister didn't test positive on a urine test until she was 7.5 weeks pregnant.

Aug 10, 2009, 11:49 AM

I'm not sure. Most pregnancy test will tell you 5 days before your period.

Take another pregnancy test if you still feel pregnant, but I still think you should see a doctor about that.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 12:05 PM

Hot Potato, the pregnancy tests that test early are only accurate for a small percent of women. A lot of women don't test positive until they are further along.

I would get a blood test.

Could it be something else? Yes. You are trying to conceive, so I'm sure you're stressed, nervous, that can cause your period to be late too.

You could also wait another week, try testing again. Make sure you use first morning urine, it's more accurate.

Good luck.

Aug 10, 2009, 10:24 PM

Thank you, I'm going to try and go see my doctor tomorrow morning. I just feel stupid going in and asking for a blood test based on feeling pregnant but having a negative HPT.
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Aug 11, 2009, 12:58 AM

From what I have heard (not an expert) but if you were pregnant I don't think it is a good sign if your lower abdomen are hurting. You should probably just have a visit with your doctor to get it all figured out!

Aug 11, 2009, 06:49 AM

You don't need to feel stupid lol. It better to find out what is going on with your body
    Kadehadaire Posts: 197, Reputation: 10

Aug 12, 2009, 05:18 AM

What did the doctor say? I had a gap of 11 weeks once and no pregnancy.

Aug 12, 2009, 08:18 PM

I went to the doctor yesterday to get my blood tested and examined. Turns out that the lower abdominal pain was due to me losing the baby. Apparently the doctor says I was 5 1/3 weeks pregnant, and it just went away. Lots of pain and nausea. So thank you for the advice, but sadly I had bad news
    Kadehadaire Posts: 197, Reputation: 10

Aug 13, 2009, 01:38 AM

Oh hunny, that is awful news. I'm so sorry. :(
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Aug 14, 2009, 04:33 PM

Ladybug I am very sorry for your loss. Keep strong!

Aug 17, 2009, 05:26 AM

Thank you both. My husband and I recently had a fertility appointment following the miscarriage. Only to find out that due to my endometriosis my uterus is unhospitable. That there actually is only a 1% chance of the fertilized egg attaching itself to my lining, but that it was more than likely not to stay. They described it as the uterus liing being like a sponge that can absorb the egg. But due to my stage of endometriosis she has said it's more like bark, with little cracks between, just not large enough for the egg to fully attach.

This has been horrible news for us, because of now knowing that I will not be able to get pregnant. But there are other options. Sadly we do not have the money for them. I will just have to wait to be a mother.

Does anyone have any information on adoption in ontario, canada??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

Negative pregnancy test- still no period [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not only 2 weeks late for my period, but a couple weeks ago I had a brown discharge (did not look like dried blood) and I read somewhere that a lot of women have brown discharge at the beginning of their pregnancies! The last time I had sex with my boyfriend we used condoms and I was off birth...

No period in 60 days but negative pregnancy test [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is trish and I was wondering why I have not had a period since may 16 2009 I am mostly inregular with my periods but like maybe a few days after my period is due not months I have taken two test and they moth came out negitve not sure what other problems I could have for not having a...

No Period & Still Negative Pregnancy test [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 6 months. We have done everything correctly including ovulation dates, mucous test's, and temperature taking and the result we still are not pregnant. I was supposed to start my period April 25 and I have not, but all my test's say I'm not...

2 pregnancy test and no period [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25 years old and my last period was Feb. 2, I have not had a period since then. I have been extra tired lately, I have also been nauseated. I have only about 4 -5 periods a year since I got off the pill almost 2 years ago and my doctor doesn't think that I should be worried. My husband and I...

View more questions Search