Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bleimberger Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 06:55 AM
    I am clueless, help me please...
    :confused: Okay, I know that I keep asking questions, but I have been researching, and I am still concerned. I read that if you go off your birth control pill then you might miss a period. What I don't understand well what I am confused about is that I was off birth control for last month and I have been back on it this month, I should have had my period last Tuesday, and I haven't started. I had unprotected sex last month while off because, so I am confused as to whether I am pregnant or if it's my because. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative, I think that I took it way too soon though, and plus it was a cheapy one. Also at the time that I was supposed to start my period, I thought that I was going to start because I had started cramping pretty bad and all that happened was some brown like mucuosy sort of stuff, and that lasted I think for 2 days. Any advice would really help, because I am calling and making an appointment with my doctor today and I want to be prepared every which way.
    jesee Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2006, 07:45 AM
    Try a digital test and keep your appt. your doc will find out what is going on

Oct 23, 2006, 08:19 AM
    Well I was thinking about taking the first response test I'm not sure if that is digital, and is the digital test pretty accurate? I think that the first response tells a pretty accurate reading after 5 days while I think that the others(cheapy tests) are accurate after about 2 weeks but I am not sure.

Oct 23, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Well I just called the doctor and they had said for me to wait another week so that it is accurate, but I think that I am going to do is wait until I am supposed to start next months period, and if I don't start then, then I should know for sure. In case anybody was concerned, which I doubt, but I just wanted to fill you in.

Oct 23, 2006, 10:13 AM
    Oh, and another question... Is it bad to go to the tanning bed while pregnant? I'm pretty sure it is, but I wanted to make for certain.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2006, 10:33 AM
    BC can really play a big role in a woman's cycle be messed up, especially if it's not taken the right way. Your Dr. can take a blood test to determine early pregnancy. Keep the appointment and let us know the outcome.

Oct 23, 2006, 10:51 AM
    Well now I didn't make an appointment, because the doctor had said to wait another week and then take another test, but I have decided to wait until next months period to see if I start. I am not going to take my birth control for this month now, which will probably screw my cycle up even more, if it already is screwed up. See that's what I don't know if it's my cycle or pregnancy. I just want some great advice, maybe somebody has been through this I don't know.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 23, 2006, 03:04 PM
    So now you are going to stop the pill yet again. This is really not a good way to treat your body!!

If you keep up this way, it could take a year or more for everything to return to "normal." You need to listen to the doctor's advice.

Many people mess their health up by self-diagnosing and/or taking their medication regime into their own hands. Your doctor is the one who is trained in the medication and you should listen to his advice.
    Stysmomof3 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bleimberger
    :confused: Okay, I know that i keep asking questions, but I have been researching, and I am still concerned. I read that if you go off of your birth control pill then you might miss a period. What I don't understand well what I am confused about is that i was off birth control for last month and I have been back on it this month, I should have had my period last Tuesday, and I haven't started. I had unprotected sex last month while off b/c, so I am confused as to whether I am pregnant or if it's my b/c. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative, I think that I took it way too soon though, and plus it was a cheapy one. Also at the time that I was supposed to start my period, I thought that I was going to start because I had started cramping pretty bad and all that happened was some brown like mucuosy sort of stuff, and that lasted i think for 2 days. Any advice would really help, because i am calling and making an appointment with my doctor today and I want to be prepared every which way.
    Hi,
    Calm down, I was 6 weeks pregnant before my test actually turned positive. Sometimes the horomone isn't there at a high enough level for a while. But, I wish you luck.

Sara

Oct 24, 2006, 05:11 AM
    Thanks a lot Sarah, I am glad that I got some advice from somebody who has went through it. Thanks again!

Oct 24, 2006, 05:15 AM
    J_9 I am not really going against what the doctor said. Why would I keep taking the because when I think that I might be pregnant. I think that I need to take precautionary actions, well don't you? The doctor said that I should just wait another week and take another pregnancy test. I decided to just wait until next months period. I wouldn't even try to do anything that would harm my body, it gets a little expensive to keep buying the test, and I don't see anything wrong with waiting until my next period.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 24, 2006, 12:08 PM
    Well, understand that you are really messing with your hormones by going on the pill and off again several different times.

You should contact your doctor (by phone) and ask if it is safe to stay on the pill, or if he thinks it is okay for you to keep stopping and restarting as you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clueless! WinXP won't install on IDE. Please HLP! [ 8 Answers ]

Goal: To install windows on an IDE drive, located on Primary IDE Master. Problem: When booting from the windows cd, it will do the initial install just fine (when it's in the CMD looking bootup). Then when it finishes and restarts the computer, it will boot into the same 'installing windows'...

View more questions Search