Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanaldo Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Privacy Violation?
    I work in an industry that is computer-related. After accruing PTO, I took a few days off for a colposcopy, and thus, partial removal of my cervix. I did not tell my employer - I did not feel the need to. My new manager (a busybody WOMAN) took it upon herself to inform EVERYBODY in the company of the surgery that I had - humiliating me in front of a mostly male workforce. Now I suspect they will fire me because I have, "Lady Problems", and I was VERY UPSET when the entire office confronted me upon my return. Any recourse?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 17, 2009, 08:03 AM

They cannot fire you for health concerns as long as you are able to perform your job--you're protected by law.

Inform the HR department what happened. This is something they should be made aware of. As long as you took PTO appropriately, you do not have to give any one an explanation why.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Privacy violation [ 9 Answers ]

I am a New Jersey resident for the past 12yrs. I received Disability since 2005 for bipolar disorder. I assigned my ticket under the Ticket to Work Program within weeks of hearing about the program. I had hoped to take an Excel course which I thought would assist me in reentering the workplace. I...

Privacy act violation? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a local business owner who usually becomes very connected with my customers. A few days ago one of my customers/freind came to me with something that really shocked me and I am trying my best to help her with this situation. Here is the scenerio... She was in a car accident that was not her...

Violation of privacy act [ 3 Answers ]

I was a defendant in a small claims suit. The plaintiff was suing myself and our daughter for an unpaid loan that she had signed a contract with him when she was 19. He produced a letter from a used car dealer that stated that I had sold them a car and the amount that I received. Does this...

Violation of privacy [ 5 Answers ]

My landlord and I have an agreement that he will not walk people through my home. I have found out on two occasions that a realator brought people by but because I was there they could not enter. I will never give permission for someone to walk through my home with my belongings there. I work...

View more questions Search