Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcsgal1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 10:47 PM
    Custody of my nephew
    I am wanting to have guardianship of my nephew who is being negleted. How do I go about it legally? What are some of my obstacles? Please give me some help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2006, 06:43 AM
    If you can get the parent to agree, then it should not be hard. But if not, you have to prove he is being neglected. I strongly suggest consulting an attorney knowledgeable in family law.
    Jen8446 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 06:40 PM
    Like ScottGem said, I would call a lawyer and see what you should do. You're going to have to be able to prove that he's being neglected. Do whatever you have to do, but you need proof. You might even want to call DCF if it's really serious. They'll check in on him and make sure he's OK, if he's not they'll take him and you can file for custody. GOOD LUCK!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guardianship of my nephew [ 2 Answers ]

I need to obtain legal guardianship of my nephew he is 15 and has been living with me since July do I need to get a lawyer or can I just file the necessary paperwork on my own? Also if I can do it on my own where do I find the paperwork I need. The guardianship will not be contested by a parent. I...

Custody [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know how I can get custody of my nieces help

My 50 pound 2 year old nephew [ 4 Answers ]

I'm concerned about my 2 year old nephew he weighs 50 pounds is that normal. Oh and both his parents are overweight, and he's more flabby than he is muscle please give me suggestions.

PA. Custody? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am inquring into Child Custody rights. To make a long story short. My husband is very controlling, And emotionally abusive. And there are a whole bunch of other reasons I am looking into the possibility of a divorce. I am a full time sahm. To our 17 mo. Old son. And I would want AT LEAST...

View more questions Search