Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    batoutohell Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 05:07 AM
    Is a quote a legal binding contract in Ontario
    Good Morning

I just want to know is a written quote a binding contract to the company that supplies it?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 05:42 AM

Did you also sign the statement of work? Was it a quote or an estimate?

Aug 8, 2009, 07:33 AM
    It is just a written quote for a possible job. It is noted on the quote that it is only good for 30 days
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 07:46 AM

Its not binding until it is signed as a statement of work. However, if they gave you a quote, they will most likely honor it.

What is the full situation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2009, 08:56 AM

It is not a contract, but they may be held to that price for 30 days unless they wirthdraw the offer first

Aug 9, 2009, 07:06 AM

Thanks for all your answers, I always get great information here. I work for a plumbing wholeseller as inside sales and have been given two outside reps. To work with on their customers. One will call or e-mail for pricing, but the other always wants a written quote. It is a lot of work to put them together, plus the company polacy is to follow up on all written quotes. Outside rep #two doesn't want me contacting his customers, But I have paperwork that I have to fill out and hand in. He seems to think that quotes are just like a price check. My boss is starting to wonder if he is really submiting them to his customers or if he thinks it makes him look busy. I have tried to tell him that the company is folow up and want to see results from all this paperwork. He thinks I'm just giving him a hard time, but that is not the case. I'm starting to get worryed for his job, management is behind me 100%. The rate of jobs to quotes is very low and anytime I ask him about the quotes he tries to change the subject. What do you think.

Thanks
    batoutohell
    illans Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 08:21 AM
    I'm traying to make a quote of what to say to a contractor. To get the contractor to hire me as a subcontractor
    illans Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 08:22 AM
    What to say to a contractor?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by illans View Post
    what to say to a contractor?
    You say whatever it might be which will want them to give you the subcontract. You might want to follow up with a written quote (a/k/a proposal, bid, offer, etc.). Formation of a contract requires an offer and acceptance. If their acceptance agrees to the terms of your offer, that constitutes the written contract, unless the terms are incorporated into a more formal written "contract".

Your offer should specify what you propose to do or supply, price, completion date, delivery terms, etc. It might also specify how long it is good for, and how the contractor can accept it (by returning a signed copy of it, or whatever).
    mishapcarroll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2013, 07:14 AM
    How much should it cost to install a vent for a gas stove? Received quote for 2100.00 for installing two sink plugs and changing service form 100 fuse box to 100 amp breaker panel. The gas stove vent was (extra) work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contract signed by someone else but in my name. Binding? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, My mother took out a gym membership in my name as a Christmas gift. The contract is filled out in my name but signed by by mother. My mother has paid 11 months of the contract, but accidentally cancelled the direct debit one month early. The contract was completed and signed by my mother...

Is contract binding [ 5 Answers ]

Have signed contract to purchase house. Have given earnest money. Have not had home inspection or received papers from lender yet. Am I legally bound to purchase house or can I back out. I live in Ohio

Legal and binding document [ 1 Answers ]

State - Illinois Is an initialled piece of paper a legal and binding document if it was signed under duress? It was not notarized or submitted through the court system.

Mortgage Contract Binding? [ 3 Answers ]

My Mortgage broker contacted World Savings for a equity or re-finance loan on my home of 27 years in Sarasota. FL. I received in the mail 2 sets of documents from World Savings on Jan. 11, 2007, of the same. One said your Loan Documents... sign and return with a pre-paid envelope. Loan amount of...

Legal binding on new house contract [ 3 Answers ]

I recently signed papers to purchase a house (35 days ago) but just found out I was misinformed about the loan. I was misled and lied to about the loan contract. What I signed for is not how they explained to me. They (mortgage broker and titlle agency) intentionally gave me false information to...

View more questions Search