Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hirschbj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 07:46 PM
    Husky 1750 wand removal instructions needed
    I just received a Husky 1750 power washer. Water is spraying out the side of the wand when I press the trigger. The water is coming out where the wand goes into the handle. I want to remove the wand to see if a gasket is gone but I can't get it to move. The instruction manual shows how to insert and lock the wand but not how to unlock it and remove it. Any help would be appreciated.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 8, 2009, 08:52 AM

Hi,
    This is a machine made for Home Depot by Karcher. As far as I can tell, all were made a few years ago whether they sold or not. Some have been available as reconditioned units as well.
    Two slightly different versions were made. The main difference was the attachment of the bayonet (wand) to the handle. One version was spring-loaded and would twist and lock. This type must of necessity have a release (different versions of bayonets for various uses existed) and would removed by pushing inward on the spring, engaging the release and twisting 90 degrees.
    The second had a screw down collar that must be loosened, the wand twisted and removed. No note on spring there.
    Any seal would probably be a semi-rigid O-ring (not a rubber or similar material) because of the need to withstand the pressure.
    Good luck.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    hirschbj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 12:52 PM

Thank you Crigby. The wand released as you described (push and turn). I need to replace the o-ring on the wand. Any ideas where I can get these little critters?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 03:25 PM

Hi, Made by Karcher for Home Depot so either the latter or a dealer in your area for the former.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Asoundman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 02:24 AM
    Well the first thing you need to do is to grab the wand and turn it and really pull on the wand away from the handle, it takes quite a bit of effort to pull it out as the "o" ring keeps it in there real good, just don't knock yourself out pulling it out, OK, hope it helps. ;)
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 12:46 PM

Just a little info on the O rings. It usually needs to be the Exact O ring. I have O ring box sets and went through this on a pressure wand. It's the mm and the Sae differences not to mention the thickness has to match also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husky powerwasher 1750 [ 13 Answers ]

I have a Husky powerwasher 1750 and when I try to use it, water quirts out of the wand... do I just need to replace the wand and the hose? I am mechanically challenged.

Husky 1750 powerwasher [ 1 Answers ]

Have a husky power washer that has little pressure. Tried different wands so that's not it.

Husky 1750 Power Washer has low HI Pressure. [ 3 Answers ]

This washer was working fine, then the Hi pressure was not as high as it was earlier in the day. Low pressure works fine, detergent draws fine and hi pressure kicks in but much lower than normal. Removed and cleaned all hoses and water screen. No clogs I could see. Owners manual mentions a by-pass...

View more questions Search