Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 29, 2004, 09:36 PM
    Ever heard of these guys?. Windows XP Pro $39.95!
    Has anyone here ever heard of these guys and if so, are they legit?
    http://www.oemprospect.biz/index.html

Stop by and take a look!
    http://www.computerremediesonline.com

fyogi1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2004, 07:35 AM
    Ever heard of these guys?. Windows XP Pro $39
    That link is no longer working, so I would assume they are not legit.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 10, 2005, 09:08 PM
    Yea, I think that company changes sites every few months to keep the feds off their backs!
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2005, 03:16 PM
    Ever heard of these guys?. Windows XP Pro $39.95
    I regularly receive these "too good to be true" offers in my mailbox.

These spammers should be put out of business, and quickly.

If you get one of these offers, forward the mail to:

[email protected]

I was told on the phone that Microsoft is taking a very hard line on pirated software and they will sort out what is genuine and what is fake.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2005, 05:35 PM
    Most of the low price software places sell OEM or Gray market versions. These are generally packages they buy up from failed PC makers or they get overseas. Most of the times these aren't pirated, but they are made only to sell as a bundle with a PC.
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2005, 01:49 PM
    Low Priced Software
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Most of the low price software places sell OEM or Gray market versions. These are generally packages they buy up from failed PC makers or they get overseas. Most of the times these aren't pirated, but they are made only to sell as a bundle with a PC.
    Point taken, Scott. You can pick up OEM software at EBAY for a fraction of the cost of the full retail versions. Sometimes there are genuine firesales.
    From my reading of EBAY rules, the OEM software can be sold with hardware as a package, not just bundled with a new computer. The most common ploy is to sell OEM software with a memory stick which apparently is sanctioned by EBAY.

The rule of thumb when buying low priced software is "caveat emptor". Check out the bona fides of the company going bust before committing your hard earned cash.
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 21, 2005, 11:06 PM
    There is nothing wrong with OEM. Although $39.99 is too low. Typical OEM price for XP Pro is $129 Its not even Ebay rules that make them sell hardware it's the general rule with OEM. At local computer shows you have to buy a $3 mouse with the software. Big places such as NewEgg, and ZipZoomFly also sell OEM software. There is usually no difference between OEM and Retail except for the box.

Ohhh, FYI, MS had 2 specials that I know of (cause I got them) for XP Pro full version for $39.99 Once 2 years ago, and once 3 years ago. Maybe they did it last year too I don't know. They are too good to be true type deals because they usually throw in other goodies too. The first year I got a XP Lava Lamp, and the last one came with a baseball and a bobble head. I liked the lava lamp best. You can still find people selling off those parts on EBAY. Man, If I could go back, I would have ordered 10. The deals looked so good I was scared I was misreading it, so I just bought one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Ever heard of these guys?. Windows XP Pro $39.95! [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone here ever heard of these guys and if so, are they legit? http://www.oemprospect.biz/index.html

Anybody heard of this [ 10 Answers ]

HumiNature Skin Whitening Cream for Sensitive Skin It's apparently a good lightening cream some black people are using it

Has anyone else heard of this [ 2 Answers ]

I was reading up on some things and I heard this-> There is a very small chance that "pre-ejaculate" can cause a pregnancy because sperm is not formed in this fluid. The only way sperm gets into this fluid is if there is sperm in the shaft... then this "left over" becomes very high in contrast to...

Ever heard of these guys?. Windows XP Pro $39.95! [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone here ever heard of these guys and if so, are they legit? http://www.oemprospect.biz/index.html

View more questions Search