Fursty67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 01:42 PM
    John deer belts
    How do you change the belts on a John Deer LX188? The drive belt
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 7, 2009, 03:27 PM
    Hi,
    You will need to get the deck out and unplug the electric clutch (on the right up inside the frame.) Just slightly more than half way to the rear are two idlers (one V and one flat.) The nut and guide on the V idler must be removed and the flat idle loosened. The belt needs to be installed on the sheave beneathe the engine end above the clutch, then on the sheave on the transaxle. There is not much room above the transaxle because the gas tank is there. Get the belt past part of the fan and about 1/3 on and turn the fan/sheave combo until it is all the way around. Lock the park brake and put the belt on the idlers, tighten the nut for the flat idler and place the guide and nut on the bolt at the V idler loosely. Double check that the belt is in place at all locations (it can easily fall down in the rear beneath the transaxle sheave.) Once checked release the park brake to tension belt and tighten the nut and guide on the V idler to not interfere with the belt (the guide on the flat idler is above the idler and has anchors to position it - just look at it before and make sure it looks the same after.) Plug the clutch up and reinstall the deck.
    Know that may not be clear when simply read, so picture attached:
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deer RX75 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deer RX75 that would only move at the slower speeds and to make it behave you had to put your foot under the pedal and pull up. I tried to adjust it under the seat and now it won't move at all! Can someone help? Apparently I know just enough about it to screw it up!

John Deer L120 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deer L120 Lawn Tractor and something is blowing the 20amp fuse which in turn shuts down the all power. Looking for ideas?

John Deer L110 [ 4 Answers ]

I took my mower apart to sharpen my blades, now I am having trouble putting it back together. Can you show me the blue print of the John Deer L110 so I can see what I did wrong

View more questions Search