Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miguelrr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 03:01 PM
    Changing Belt
    I bought a used Craftman garden tractor it came without the owner manual. I need to change the primary mower belt but I can't find the pulley I need to loose so I can install the belt. Can you tell me how I where to look? The tractor model no. is #917-270670, 16HPOHC with 42" cut. Thanks, Miguel.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2006, 07:58 PM
    It's the pulley that puts and releases tension when you engage or disengage the lower deck belt that has to be loosened...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing drive belt on MTD Yardbug mower [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Mtd Yardbug mower, and need to know how to change the upper drive belt. It appears the belt was laid down, then the mower was built around it.

Belt replacement problem [ 2 Answers ]

I finally got my deck straightened out but the replacement belt I got from ACE hardware seems too long (original # 754-0371A). They gave me a belt numbered 954-0371A and told me it was the same belt. Now I have to drop the deck to change the new belt out with the correct one. My question is did...

Timing belt [ 1 Answers ]

I think it may be my timing belt. I have a 92 honda accord ex. The other day I was driving home and my yellow light came on, I looked it up in my manual and it said it was an emission light. But the car continued to run OK. So I drove it home, about 20 miles and it ran fine. The other day I...

View more questions Search