Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neo2gen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 05:37 AM
    Thank you, AMHD
    I have a 1989 honda civic hatch back with about 170k+ on the engine it stopped click miles at 168k and that was two years ago so it is possiable that it has over 200k on it. The car is awesome and saves me a ton of money!! But recently I could not get it started. It would turn over but never start. I replaced my spark plugs and the valve cover gasket set. I was sure it was not starting due to the gasket at the top of the spark plug shoot was old and leaking oil onto the spark pluggs. Put it in and no luck. Then I was thinking it was the starter. I replaced the starter same issue. It was an easy job to replace and since it did not fix my issue I reinstalled my old starter and returned the new back to Auto Zone the same day and got all my money back. Then I thought my battery must not be suppling the starter with enough amps to get it to turn right I charged it up tested it with a load tester and the battery was fine. I was out of ideas. :mad:

I went on the internet and googled the issue and came across this forum. :)

I read the whole page about three times and figured it couldn't hurt to try this fix. Nothing else I did worked. :confused:

I look at ECU and I was getting a 16 error fuel injection.

I was able to get the relay out pretty easy I had to take off the fuse pannel cover. There is also to the left of the stearing column a little pull down change holder of some kind I took that off too. I could see the main relay but could not access the bolt due to some panels being in the way. :eek:

I had a ratchet extension piece that swivels up to about 90 degrees. I was able to get that on the bolt that was holding the main relay bracket got the bolt out and there was a wire harness holder off and pulled the relay out disconnected it from the wire and took the relay in the house. :)

I took the black cover off and resodered all the soder points on the relay went back out installed it, it took a lot of cranking and a giant cloud of black smoke shot out of the exhaust and she started to run. :D

I want to thank everyone that posted and the owner of this site, you guys are awesome. I was able to fix my car from not running at all to working without spending a buck.

Thank you
    Ian Kirk

Check out some similar questions!

The AMHD Censors [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: On the politics board, I called Sara Palin a crook. Admin changed it to "alleged" WITHOUT my permission, citing fears of a lawsuit. If I write something libelous, could this website be sued? If so (and I believe it's so), should admin censor our work so that their butts are covered?...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.