Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

Aug 7, 2009, 05:47 AM
    What language is used in developing Google
    In what language Google has been writte??

Any one let me know as soon as possible
    Google chrome is opensource what about Google?
    Alacadabra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 03:06 PM
    Most of Google is implemented in C or C++ for efficiency and can run in either Solaris or Linux.

In Google, the web crawling (downloading of web pages) is done by several distributed crawlers. There is a URLserver that sends lists of URLs to be fetched to the crawlers. The web pages that are fetched are then sent to the storeserver. The storeserver then compresses and stores the web pages into a repository. Every web page has an associated ID number called a docID which is assigned whenever a new URL is parsed out of a web page. The indexing function is performed by the indexer and the sorter. The indexer performs a number of functions. It reads the repository, uncompresses the documents, and parses them. Each document is converted into a set of word occurrences called hits. The hits record the word, position in document, an approximation of font size, and capitalization. The indexer distributes these hits into a set of "barrels", creating a partially sorted forward index. The indexer performs another important function. It parses out all the links in every web page and stores important information about them in an anchors file. This file contains enough information to determine where each link points from and to, and the text of the link.

The URLresolver reads the anchors file and converts relative URLs into absolute URLs and in turn into docIDs. It puts the anchor text into the forward index, associated with the docID that the anchor points to. It also generates a database of links which are pairs of docIDs. The links database is used to compute PageRanks for all the documents.

This information can be read at the below url:
    The Anatomy of a Search Engine
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

Nov 2, 2009, 03:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alacadabra View Post
    most of google is implemented in c or c++ for efficiency and can run in either solaris or linux.

In google, the web crawling (downloading of web pages) is done by several distributed crawlers. There is a urlserver that sends lists of urls to be fetched to the crawlers. The web pages that are fetched are then sent to the storeserver. The storeserver then compresses and stores the web pages into a repository. Every web page has an associated id number called a docid which is assigned whenever a new url is parsed out of a web page. The indexing function is performed by the indexer and the sorter. The indexer performs a number of functions. It reads the repository, uncompresses the documents, and parses them. Each document is converted into a set of word occurrences called hits. The hits record the word, position in document, an approximation of font size, and capitalization. The indexer distributes these hits into a set of "barrels", creating a partially sorted forward index. The indexer performs another important function. It parses out all the links in every web page and stores important information about them in an anchors file. This file contains enough information to determine where each link points from and to, and the text of the link.

The urlresolver reads the anchors file and converts relative urls into absolute urls and in turn into docids. It puts the anchor text into the forward index, associated with the docid that the anchor points to. It also generates a database of links which are pairs of docids. The links database is used to compute pageranks for all the documents.

This information can be read at the below url:
    the anatomy of a search engine

Fine thanks 4 your info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if community language is my national language [ 1 Answers ]

Australian community language Urdu is my national language. Now, please tell me in this case if I want to claim these points what documents are required? Even I am native Urdu speaker.

I cannot access Google or search on Google (Only Google) [ 3 Answers ]

Google has been my default search, no problems. My browser is the latest Firefox Beta 3.5 Beta 4 file version 4.42.0.0. The issue started over two weeks ago under the Beta browser. The issue is now, I can’t use Google search or just about any site that is a Google site. I put in a search item...

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

First language literacy and second language litera [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between first language literacy and second language literacy?

View more questions Search