Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littlebev Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2004, 11:56 AM
    Shutting Down Computer
    ?? After disconnecting from the internet, I cannot shut down the computer from the "start" button.  A gray box comes up - "Outlook HTML Menu - This program is not responding.  It maybe busy, waiting on a response from you, or it may have stopped running".  Clicking on "wait, end task, or close" does nothing.  Then a gray box comes up saying "iexplore (not responding).  How can I fix this?  After this, most of the time, the whole thing locks up and I have to shut down via the modum.?
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Nov 4, 2004, 07:14 PM
    It depends on what version of Windows you are using but generally, you can hold down CTRL ALT and then hit the DEL key one time and end task on the program that is not responding. In this case it would be Outlook. You may also try repairing Outlook or reinstalling it. You could also do an office update from www.microsoft.com.
    Malcolmgrad Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2004, 09:30 AM
    Restart
    OK (ctr alt del) twice will restart. Do that then, while screen is still black ,before it turns itself back on turn off the cpu and monitor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It always shutting off... Help! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there this is not really about software, but its about computer hope someone can help me... My prob is my monitor so many times that it always automatically shutting off or should I say blacking out... just like when you turn off your PC but the mine is I didn't shut off my PC but my monitor...

LapTop shutting down [ 1 Answers ]

My laptop keeps shutting down. I'm not sure if it is heat related because it could shut down after only a few minuets of operations or it can operate for several hours. I guess I could start with trying to clean up the registry and if that don't work look at the mother board as a potential...

Computer Randomly Shutting Off [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I work with computers and networks on a regular basis, so I have a decent idea with what I am doing, but I am no professional. The PC I'm trying to work with randomly shuts down, usually only when in use, not when idle. The machine did have a worm on it, but the hard drive was...

Shutting down computer [ 2 Answers ]

Help! When attempting to shut down the computer via the "start" button, after being on the internet, a gray box comes up that says, "Outlook HTML Menu - this program is not responding. It maybe busy, waiting on a response form you, or it may have stopped running." Clicking on "wait, end task,...

View more questions Search