Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morgan duncan Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Aug 6, 2009, 03:47 PM
    Sent to mediation
    On August 5 I went to a hearing on a TRO my wife filed on me. The hearing was continued until Nov. 20. I asked about visitation to my son but the judge ordered us to mediation on Sept. 15. Will the TRO affect me at mediation and after the mediators report is made to the court how long will I have to wait to get some visitation to my son? Can the Judge order custody and visitation order before the hearing for the TRO? My son is also listed on the TRO.
    morgan duncan Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Aug 6, 2009, 03:48 PM
    Sorry. This is in the state of California.
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan duncan View Post
    On August 5 I went to a hearing on a TRO my wife filed on me. The hearing was continued until Nov. 20. I asked about visitation to my son but the judge ordered us to mediation on Sept. 15. Will the TRO affect me at mediation and after the mediators report is made to the court how long will I have to wait to get some visitation to my son? Can the Judge order custody and visitation order before the hearing for the TRO? My son is also listed on the TRO.
    I wouldn't expect the TRO to make much of a difference at mediation since there's never been a finding that you were the perpetrator of DV. If there is no follow up hearing already set (other than on 11/20) to review the mediation report, I'd file a motion to modify the pending orders (I'm assuming there's a no contact order or supervised visitation order from the TRO) and set if for hearing after mediation. You shouldn't have to wait until 11/20 to have visitation with your child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mediation failed [ 12 Answers ]

Ex and I had agreed to a parenting plan, and on the day we were supposed to sign, he called the mediator and said he is not signing. I am not sure why. I agreed to everything he requested with the exception of the summer vacation and we agreed the judge would decide. I believe he wants a 50/50...

Missing mediation [ 4 Answers ]

I wanted to know, what are the consequences in missing a mediation orientation for custody if it is court ordered? What are the steps to take if it is missed? Also, if parenting classes, and answer to responses was not handed over to the opposing attorney, will that affect child custody? I know a...

What happens at a mediation [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly happens in mediation. My husband has as according to his parenting agreement sent his ex a letter of complaint. I know she will refuse to go to this mediation, for one reason on another. What could happen in court if the judge finds out she refused...

Mediation how to [ 2 Answers ]

I could use any info about mediation that anyone might know.

Mediation [ 2 Answers ]

My friend took a dna test and the child is his. She's 2 1/2 months old now and he is seeking 50/50 joint custody, what is his chance of getting it? I think the judge will not give him joint custody because the child is so small and has been living with the mother since birth. And also will the...

View more questions Search