Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rgh1412 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 03:24 PM
    Adoption of 15 year old
    We have had legal guardianship of our 15 year old granddaughter since 1995, she wants us to adopt her. Her birth mother (our daughter) has agreed to sign any papers needed to make this happen, her biological father has not been seen or heard from since 1994. Where do we start?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2009, 03:29 PM

By retaining an attorney. You need an attorny to prepare the paperwork and get the fathers rights legally terminated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Adoption for a 1 year old [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm currently with a new partner and expecting his first child I also have a 1 yr old whose father does not want nothing to do with her and has had no contact with me since I found out I was pregnant the problem is my current partner wants to adopt her and give her his surname as he loves her...

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

Adoption of a 21 year old [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to find out how I need to go about adopting a 21 year old. Does anyone have the know how?:confused:

6-year Indian Student, 1040EZ but claiming social security taxes from 5th year. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2001 (F-1 undergrad, then 1 year of F-1 OPT, and now with a new F-1 for grad school), 6 years so far and all at the same university in NYC. This will be my first year filing the 1040EZ, and I have a few Q's... Four questions: * Is the 1040EZ form the...

View more questions Search