Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShortieNY25 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 12:52 PM
    Boyfriend is in jail?
    Hi my boyfriend is currently in jail for maybe 2 yrs.I am going to wait for him to get out.I am writing letters and keeping in touch with his family.If anyone has been through this before can you give me any advice on how to keep strong and be loyal to him.
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Aug 6, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Well my boyfriend (not my boyfriend anymore) got locked up when we were in 11th grade. He was locked up for 2 years. I wasn't that loyal to him. After the first couple of months I got lonely and bored of not having him around so I kind of started talking to an ex-boyfriend. He found out about it somehow. But I was in the 11th grade, I wasn't really that serious about anyone. But I will tell it is hard. If this is a person you plan on being with "forever" then you'll be fine. You might want to keep yourself busy though.

How old are you anyway?
    Used2be Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 22, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Hi sweetheart.
    My boyfriend is in jail currently because of a car accident. He was run off the road. The person who caused the accident drove off and because he had 2 beers in his system (he's 6'2" and 250lbs two beers is like a bottle of water to him) and the passenger died, he is currently serving his seventh month in jail. Even though, we all know he lost his best friend and will continue to punish himself for that accident forever. I am 20 and so is he. He is an amazing loving man with his whole life ahead of him. Most people think that having a boyfriend in jail automatically makes you trashy and stupid etc. etc. I am in college and currently have a full scholarship and my boyfriend has an opportunity to walk onto the football team at the same college when he gets out. We are happy. Hard to say that and mean it, but I love him and he loves me... so we decided to make it work. He will be out in December and letters are our only means of communication currently. The best part is though, if your relationship can survive something like this; than it's one hell of a love. I love him and wish every night he was here with me, but I do love his letters. He always tells me how bad he feels that most of the other guys lost their wives or girlfriends when they went to jail. Personally, I think it depends on the crime that was committed. My boyfriend is in jail for an accident. They took away his freedom, but I will not let them take away his happiness and his loved ones. If you really love this guy, then by any means, make it work. But, if he is in jail for drugs, or something along those lines... You have to ask yourself if he was really considering you when he got arrested and if he will have a life any better than the one that got him locked up if and when he gets out. It's hard. Trust me. But, it's more than possible. If you ever need to talk.. just let me know.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 04:27 PM
    If you love him and he loves you, then it can work. You just have to stay focused, honest, faithful and open to the future. Don't let other judge you for his mistakes and keep your chin up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I was to get preganat could my boyfriend go to jail? [ 8 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for ten months now. Im 15 years old and he is 17 years old and we live in Georgia . Our parents know we are together and having sex and haven't done anything about this and allow it to happen. But if I was to get pregnant could they send my boyfriend to jail...

Why would PO go to jail to visit boyfriend? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in jail. He has about another 33 days left. Today his probation officer showed up at the jail and had him sign probation papers and explain the rules of probation to him. Is that normal. I though that that's why they gave 72 hours after you got out of jail to go see them. Just want...

How long will my boyfriend be in jail [ 3 Answers ]

My boy friend went to jail for grand theft motor vehicle, resist without violince, MAKING FALSE REPORT KNOWINGLY GIVES FALSE INFO TO ANY LEO, VOP GRAND THEFT (WARRANTLESS). How long will he be in there and will he get bail?

My boyfriend is in jail and he didn't do anything [ 2 Answers ]

On Saturday my boyfriend went to bring his daughter some new clothes and his baby mother came out of the house with a butcher knife and cut him like 4 times. He left and called the police on her and they end up locking him up because she called and said he assaulted her but the only thing he did...

Will My Boyfriend Go To Jail For His Probation Violation [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone, My boyfriend plead guilty to a 5th degree felony for possession of cocaine (back in 2005) He is currently on his last year of a 2 year probation period (intervention in lieu of conviction) and we believe he will test positive on a recent drug screen for marijuana. What will...

View more questions Search