Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skryne23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 10:47 AM
    Meeting with ex
    Hi, my name is Skryne and I am a heartbreakaholic. Meself and my ex arranged to meet up a few days ago. We had been going out for 6 years and went on a break in April and broke up 6/7 weeks ago, all her idea. During the break/breakup we had VERY little contact. She has also going through a lot of stress in her life (parents marriage on rocks, relationship with father soured).
    Anyway we met up and went for a meal together. All was fine and dandy, caught up with news, had a few laughs, everything was relaxed. I then had the bright idea of having a beer with my meal and it went to me head. Even though it was'nt part of my gameplan I brought up the break up. Long story short she says she has felt stronger without me and thinks we have different paths in the future. She asked if we could be friends and I said we were friends but she broke that. She then said we were never platonic friends and I told her I still had feelings for her and that couldn't work. Then she said we could be friends in the future but I said I doubt it. I then told her how the way she treated me prior to the break and during it was inexcusable and made me angry.
    She went on to say she wouldn't find anyone as good as me in the future and I told her she would'nt as no one would put up with the crap I did. Then she said she hoped I find someone better and I told her it wouldn't be hard. I said all these things in a calm way without raising my voice or swearing.
    The meal finished up and I gave her a lift home. On the way back she said maybe in the future in a few years we could get back together and I told her that was nonsense. I got the impression she's confused and putting up a front.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 11:07 AM

Sorry to hear this Skryne! We have all been there.

I also couldn't find a question in your post. Did you have a question?

Aug 6, 2009, 11:14 AM
    Crap, I knew I forgot something. Well I have 3 questions really.
    1. What is the meaning of life?
    2. Do you reckon I screwed up any chance of getting back together?
    3. Do you think wind power is a viable alternative to fossil fuels?
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by skryne23 View Post
    There is a good book you may want to read called "Man's Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankl. It is a pretty powerful book. You define your own meaning. Basically three ways a man can find meaning are through love, a life changing experience or some sort of suffering (like a break up ;) )

2. Do you reckon i screwed up any chance of getting back together?
    It seems to me that you really need to take an opportunity to find yourself and what makes you happy. Not happy with her, but happy on your own as your own person. See question number one!

Don't be a smart a$$...
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 11:20 AM

1. My meaning of life is to have fun and be a good person.

2. Yes you did! Spectacularly if I may say. But from the things you said to her do you really want her back?

3. Not sure if wind power is a viable alternative but I think it is worth a shot to find out.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 11:23 AM
    It doesn't matter

Yes. But it may be all for the best.

Absolutely, in combination with solar energy, geothermal, and strict conservation measures.

Aug 6, 2009, 11:36 AM
    Bah, you're all pessimists or maybe realists. I realise what I said may have came across harsh in the post above but I find this a really stifling means of reporting events. The majority of the meal was fun and we both had a good time.
    I rang her later on and told her I enjoyed the meal and she said she did also. I said if she wanted to go for coffee in the future I would but the balls in her court. She then went on to say she misses me and love me yadda yadda. I really get the impression that she has emotionally shut down, not dealing with any issues that pop up (parents marriage, father thing, our break-up, friend's death) she justs keeps it all in. During the meal she said she has'nt slept properly in 3 months. It may have come across as some huge bust up in the post above but it was very civilised.]
    By the way I reckon wind power will never work. I going for giant mutant hamsters in wheels, that's the future.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 11:38 AM

So why exactly did you post any of this?

Aug 6, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Get things off my chest, get other peoples opinion, feed my ego, the usual. To be honest the holy grail would be someone going "Wow, i went through the exact same thing and i did A. B. and C. and then this happened and oh yeah i'm in the process of breeding giant mutant hamsters."
    But I thought I put a synopsis of the meeting and get people's opinion and the consensus seems to be I frigged up.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 12:02 PM

The hamsters will not work. Can you imagine the size of their droppings. Then How much it will cost to feed them. Although cleaning up the droppings will create a good amount of jobs.

Aug 6, 2009, 12:06 PM
    You're just part of the oil lobby. Of course the hamsters will work and the droppings would make cheap fertilizer for agriculture. Everyone wins
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 12:14 PM

See I didn't even think of fertilizer. I would have just went with the wind turbines. You must be good a chess you are two moves ahead of me.

Aug 6, 2009, 12:25 PM
    You should check out my sicillian defence and my pianchetto opening. My end game ain't bad either.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 01:40 PM

I represent United Hamsters for Fossil Fuels and our organization strongly objects to any exploitation of hamsters now or in the future. As you'll see from my picture, I also have other interests in hamsters. But I report this only to be totally open. I am unbiased with respect to hamsters.

Then she said she hoped I find someone better and I told her it wouldn't be hard. I said all these things in a calm way without raising my voice or swearing.
    She either didn't hear you when you said this or misunderstood, or she is so depressed by other things that it seemed like just one more insignificant kick. She must be really down.

Saying something mean in a calm voice is in some ways a lot worse than saying it with emotion. It sounds like you really needed to vent at her.

Aug 6, 2009, 01:56 PM
    The hamsters don't mind, they enjoy when I alter their dna. They say it tickles.
    Yeah, I felt so angry the last few weeks and needed to let it out. It may sound as if the whole meal was me venting at her but it was far from that. When we parted she went to give me a hug and when I rang her later she said she enjoyed meeting up. Yesterday when I checked my business Facebook page I had a friend request from her.
    The impression I get is she wants me as a friend for emotional support (she off loaded crap on me during the meal as well) rather than a relationship at the mo.
    Now the hamster thing is well on the way, all we need now is the giant wheels
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 8, 2009, 02:48 PM

To live.
    No, I think she sees things differently than she did before. If you didn't take it so personal, you would know what to do.
    Not by itself with the present technology, but fossil fuels are on their way out any way.

Don't invest in hamsters.
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Aug 8, 2009, 02:50 PM
    This probably isn't a response your looking for but, I wish I actually said the things you said to your ex, to my ex. Because that was just awesome.

Props,

LCM.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 03:31 PM

I'm shorting hamster futures.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Get Over Ex And Meeting Someone Else. [ 16 Answers ]

First and foremost I would like to thank all of you who have helped in me through this tough time... These forums are a blessing in disguise... I dated my exgf for 2.5 years.. broken up for 4 months .first love, do anything to get her back... etc etc... I do occasionally run into her by...

Meeting a new friend [ 1 Answers ]

How do I inrtoduce myself to a person that I meet for the first time and will want to be a firend to the person either a guy or a lady.

After our first meeting. [ 24 Answers ]

Ok. So I joined match.com. I met started chatting with a girl who is the same age, and lives in the same general area as I do. FYI, her and I are both 26 yrs old. Anyway, the conversation on the phone was great. She seemed to share the same interests as I do. These would be education,...

Meeting with ex [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I had a girlfriend of 4 years- things weren't really working. We had some problems in our relationship- but we never really talked about them, as she had a close relative who was terminally ill. It has been 2 months since we have broken up- we both miss each other and have said so....

After first meeting [ 1 Answers ]

My lunch date was OK, but I would like to hear from him again. Should I call or wait for him to call?

View more questions Search