Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Aug 6, 2009, 10:32 AM
    I get nautious
    I am about 1 month or so pregnant and when I have sex I feel nautious afterwards. Ive done it twice and I actually threw up the first time once I ate something the same morning. Is this normal?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 6, 2009, 10:37 AM

Feeling nauseous at any time during the day or during any activity is pretty common in early pregnancy. Sex is strenuous so I'm not surprised you felt ill afterward.

My doctor calls morning sickness "empty stomach sickness". Try having something plain to settle your stomach like crackers, toast, gingerale.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 10:38 AM

Nausea is normal during pregnancy. It's usually referred to as morning sickness (even though it can last all day). Some women are lucky and experience little to no morning sickness. Others have it much worse. With my mom's last pregnancy she ended up in the hospital because she wasn't able to keep anything (even water) down and got dehydrated. There's things you can do to ease it. Ginger ale, ginger candies, ginger teas. Things with ginger can sometimes be helpful.
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Aug 6, 2009, 10:40 AM

So how long does it take to start really protruding in the tummy?

I know this is off the original topic... lol
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 6, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia View Post
    So how long does it take to start really protruding in the tummy?

I know this is off the original topic...lol
    It completely depends on you. Some women (like myself) have a retroverted uterus, so the baby sits closer to my spine. I'm 16 weeks and started showing about 2 weeks ago. Some women show much earlier, or much later. Women with shorter torsos tend to show earlier too.

Back to nausea -- Babies R Us has a selection of candies/tea/etc. that will help. Vitamin B helps and they have it in "Preggie Pops" (suckers) -- I wish I would have found them sooner!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search