Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dionnedm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 08:39 AM
    What is the process and timeline for I-130
    I just submitted the I-130 petition for alien resident for my mother who is a Jamaican citizen. She is currently in Jamaica. I am a natueralized US citizen living in SC. I checked on the USCIS website and they currently have a 6 mnth backlog for I-130 processing.

What is the process and timeline after the I-130 is approved?

To date I have paid the I-130 fee of $355. Are there any other fees involved in the rest of the process?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Aug 6, 2009, 10:17 AM

6 months is about right for the I-130. After the case is approved by the USCIS, they will forward a notification to the NVC and they will contact the US consulate as noted on your petition. You will be contacted by the US consulate for fee payment for reviewing the affidavit of support and the next steps to prepare for the IV interview.

I trust this is responsive to your inquiry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chlamydia timeline. [ 1 Answers ]

I have just been diagnosed with Chlamydia after suffering from dyspareunia for about a year. At first I thought the pain was because I was on anti-depressants and really stressed after planning my wedding, and I just wasn't "in the mood" but when it continued after I felt emotionally better, I went...

Eviction process and timeline [ 1 Answers ]

We were given a 3 day notice to pay or vacate the home demanding full payment by Monday at 3pm Oct 29th. I had spoken to the realtor earlier in the letting him know we would be late. He asked if I could come up with both Oct/Nov rent by Nov 5th. I said yes, he said that was okay. Now he brings me...

Eviction timeline II [ 3 Answers ]

DUE TO FORECLOSEURE Is there any way to get a judge to allow me time to pick up and move? I figured I had at least a month to move and was trying up to the last minute to get the money to stop the foreclosure so I haven't even started packing. EDIT: I have been told I have 5 days by the buyer,...

Eviction timeline [ 2 Answers ]

My home was sold at auction yesterday. Today I came home from work to find a note from the new owner that I must be out by Monday. I thought I would have 30 days to get my things and myself out. In in VA if that makes any difference.

View more questions Search