Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wondering111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 08:35 AM
    Leaving the Country before Contempt Hearing
    Is it OK to leave the country for a trip before a criminal contempt hearing? There is the possibility of probation.. and it was offered but not yet accepted. The trial has not taken place yet so right now we are awaiting to see if the person is found guilty for criminal contempt. If we will be back before the trial date is it OK to go on vacation out of the country?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 09:18 AM
    So you are out on some type of "bond" Is it a bail bond, where you either put up property or money, or perhaps paid a bondsmen. There will be conditions on the bond.
    wondering111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 09:25 AM
    A bail was paid at the police station. No conditions were given or given in writing. How would I find out if there are any?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 08:43 PM

You should probably have an attorney, and have them make the arrangements so that you can leave in an above-board way to avoid even the appearance of doing something improper.

As an alternative, accept the probation if it's a good offer, and have it resolved so it's not hanging over your probation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaving the country, probation [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend recently got out of jail for two incidents of driving without a licence and a warrant, which he paid by the way but the courty conveniently "lost the records". When he went to court the judge waived all fines and penalties and dropped everything from his record. The judge said that...

Leaving the country while on probation [ 4 Answers ]

About 3 years ago I was put on probation for 48 months for a class two felony. I was wondering what my chances would be for leaving the country on vacation. If anyone could give me further insight on this subject I would greatly appricate it. Thanks

Probation-leaving the country [ 2 Answers ]

Can one leave the country if on probation for a misdemeaner?

Leaving the country.while on Probation [ 28 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are going to leave the country in a couple days for a 5 ngiht vacation. His court ruling just ended and he was put under 2 years probabtion and a misdemeanor. It says he can't leave the state without his probation officer's approval, but nothing about the country. Is there anyway...

L1 visa - leaving the country and SSN [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been in the US for the past one year on Blanket L1 visa. My visa expiry date is in 2009. I've recently resigned from my job (with the visa sponsoring company) and am leaving the US for an indefinite period. 1. Is there any specific time-period within which I have to leave the...

View more questions Search