Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamtams75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 03:41 AM
    Emergency ex parte order
    OK as per some advice from some members I did file the custody modification papers for my 5 year old son whom my ex husband currently has primary residency of, I also filed for an emergency ex parte order to try and get temporary custody. I was trying to see if I had enough grounds for that, was not sure but tried anyway. My confusion is that isn't the main reason for the ex parte that the respondent not be involved?? Well when I got the denial in mail from the court, there was a CC sent to the respondent(my ex of course)
    Which now has pissed him off to no end. I knew that the day would come that he would find out about the custody modification but was this denial supposed to be sent to him??
    Now he is taking it out on my son, not letting him see me when he wants. Any advice?
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 10:11 AM

You should indicate what state you are in. As an example, in California ex parte's are not truly done without notice to the other side with the exception of temporary restraining orders (TROs). A TRO is obtained ex parte without notice but that's because they contain allegations of domestic violence and the idea is that by giving notice more domestic violence might be precipitated, or that giving notice might not be possible or practical in the first place. Other ex parte's (such as to modify custody) usually require a minimum of 24 hours notice to the other side (it varies by local rule from county to county as does the procedure for getting one).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex Parte Hearing? [ 2 Answers ]

After a length and nasty custody battle, I have full legal and physical custody of our 2 1/2 year old son. His father abducted him early into the custody hearings, and has been found to have psychological issues, (specifically that he is bi-polar), and a history of drug abuse. He has supervised...

Lying on Emergency Protection Order [ 3 Answers ]

I have been feuding with my sister who's husband assaulted me and my husband. My cousin was talked into getting a protective order on me after her boyfriend attempted to run over my 9 year old daughter. She wrote things on there that I can prove are untrue. My parent which raised my cousin can...

Ex-Parte/ Fraud [ 11 Answers ]

Plaintiff,Fraudulently Transfer the business to 3 different family members,without paying for the business in full,owes 90,000.00.Did all without owners consent.Concealing this information from the Court as well as filling false statements,Among things.

Emergency custody order due to the mother of my kids doing meth [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 kids with my ex, we weren't married, she has full custody till I take it to family court. Can't afford a lawyer right now. Their mother is doing meth, I have police reports stating this, and one states that the children were there when their mother came home high on meth, she beat up her...

View more questions Search