Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ajm1621 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 11:05 PM
    I feel like my family is keeping something from me
    Hi everyone. I feel like my family is not telling me something about myself that I should know about. It feels like they are hiding something from me. I have social anxiety. I had it REALLY bad my senior year of high school. (graduated June 2009). I first got this the day after I smoked pot with a group of people. The day after I smoked with this group I still felt as if I was high, but unfortuneately it was anxiety. I went to go see a psychotherapist for this problem and now I only have small cases of it occasionally. Also about three weeks ago I was feeling depressed so I went to go see the family doc. She gave two sample packs of venlafaxine and it helped me concentrate better and made me feel better overall. She never diagnosed me with depression. I think all of this stuff with the medicine and therapist are messing with my mind. So the past week I stopped seeing my therapist because I felt I didn't need to anymore and I also stopped taking the venlafaxine the doctor gave me. Believe it or not I feel pretty good right about now. I just wanted to give you guys a background of my problems because I don't know if it relates to why I'm thinking my family is keeping something from me and I'm convinced that they are. Back to my point, I feel that they are not telling me of some sort of problem that I have or something that is wrong with me that they are hiding. And I have confronted my mom two times and asked her, "Is there anything that you are keeping from me?" and she replied no to both times, but there is something that keeps me thinking that THERE is something they are keeping from me. Its like I don't trust her or something. Do you guys know why I'm thinking this or have any suggestions on what to do. Any help is appreciated, thanks everyone.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 11:27 PM

Please see your doctor again and tell her you stopped taking your meds. Then make an appointment with your therapist.

You were feeling better BECAUSE you were taking meds. You still need them.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 11:43 PM

The effects of medication,in particular antidepressants often take up to 2 to 4 weeks before you see a result.
    Wonder Girl is correct that you are feeling better because of your medication.
    You should never abruptly stop taking any medication without consulting your doctor.
    If you are 18 you are legally an adult no medical information can be hidden from you.It is against the law.
    Please speak to your doctor and put forth the effort you need to get well and feel good about yourself.
    Ajm1621 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 12:26 AM

Thank you you both for replying. The advice helped A lot, I appreciate it. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things are changing, I feel annoyed. I feel uncapable of feeling any kind of emotion. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now, and I liked him for another 7 months before we started dating. Everything has been splendid besides a few ups and downs we have worked through together. In the past month though, I noticed my feelings for him were not as strong, and this both scared...

Family & friends, I feel I have none, but do I want them? [ 17 Answers ]

Greetings to those who read, This will be long... Nestorian here with an issue I thought I would find an answer to of my own accourd, but for the life of me I can not. My family is a very sore spot for me, as it is pretty much a group of starngers to me. Not even sure I can love them any...

Do you ever feel overwelmed by your family? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, as some of you may know by my previous thread : https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/paranormal-phenomena/mother-passed-now-feel-like-she-may-watching-over-me-24486.html My mother passed away when I was 12, since then my father has a wife and 2 kids with her (actually he married her when I was...

View more questions Search