Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    battlecat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Finace question
    Mark and Ellot are friends. Mark wants to buy a new computer but does not have the money right now. Mark will pay Elliot $2,000 in five years if Mark will give him $1600 today. Elliot figures that there's an interest rate of 6% if he were to put the money in a bank instead of lending it to Mark. Assume there is no risk not paying the $2,000 when he says he will. Should he go ahead with the loan.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 22, 2006, 09:10 AM
    Borrowing money from friends is always a chancy proposition. One of the most quick ways to lose a friend.

However, if we remove the friend part out of the equation and just assume a business deal, then a 25% return over 5 years is a decent deal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question about finace management [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, Be please to share what is Profit Maximaization and Wealth Maximization and how they differ from each other. Thanking You

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search