Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 07:35 AM
    Maytag Dryer
    We have a Maytag Dryer model MDE2600 AYW that has started squeaking ( high pitched ) when we run a load of clothes. DOes anyone know if this is a belt or roller? Is it a hard repair?

Thanks
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 22, 2006, 11:09 AM
    It is a roller or an idler pulley. The idler pulley keeps the tension on the belt.
    It could also be something stuck on the felt that seals around the front of the drum. You can feal around where the drum meets the front of the drier to see if anything is around it.
    It is a medium hard job to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag dryer [ 8 Answers ]

My maytag dryer won't start

My Maytag Dryer doesn't dry my clothes? [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer don't dry my clothes... it doesn't get hot.

Squeaky Maytag Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I know someone has asked about a squeaky Frigidaire dryer before and although mine is a different make the problem is the same as a previous question: My Maytag dryer makes a horrendous squeaking noise for the first 1 or 2 minutes and then stops. What could be causing this and how do I repair it?...

Maytag gas dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My maytag dryer, model ldg482 runs but the heat does not come on. The igniter comes on but the gas doesn't ignite. Any suggestions?? The owners manual is totally useless and I'm reluctant to call in a service man to look at it since I have a complete tool shop and all tools to do anything.

Older Maytag dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

We have an older Maytag dryer that will start one out of three times. Sometimes, it will chug like a car that won't turn over. We really don't want to have to buy a new dryer, so if there is a cheaper alternative please help!

View more questions Search