Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 09:13 AM
    Broiler Battle!
    Okay, so my husband and I are disagreeing (weird) on how to use the broiler in our oven. One of us swears up and down that the oven door needs to be left a few inches open when using the broiler, and one of us insists on shutting the oven door completely. Does anyone know which is the correct method? We're planning on broiling some hot wings tonight, any answers are appreciated, until then - the battle continues:)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 09:38 AM

Oven door should be closed, but why bother with the broiler when you can get a better result just be using the oven. If you use the top broiler you are going to have to watch they don't burn !

Tick
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 05:15 PM
    I have always closed everything up, but Tick is right use the oven and you won't have to deal with cleaning the nasty broiler. I haven't used my broiler in 15 years! And that's on at least 2 different ovens.:)
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 05:18 PM
    Closed,closed,closed.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 05:20 PM

My husband and I had the same argument and he left it open and it melted my knobs!

So keep it closed!!
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 08:24 AM

Thanks everyone! I used the broiler last night, I kept it closed - and the wings were pretty darn good! Now, can anyone give me advice on cleaning the broiler? ;)
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 08:39 AM

I keep the oven door cracked open a little bit. I learned that from Elton Brown (I think that's his name) on the food channel. He said that when cooking steaks leave the door open so the flame stays on the entire time. If you leave the door closed the flame will turn off because of the temp.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Just throw it away:D
    They are so hard to clean, but I would try oven cleaner if you can't get it done with soaking.

Put it in the sink with a fabric softener sheet and let it soak for a couple hours or over night.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    Thanks everyone! I used the broiler last night, I kept it closed - and the wings were pretty darn good! Now, can anyone give me advice on cleaning the broiler?! ;)
    That is why I end up leaving the oven door open a little bit. It gets dirty I don't want to deal with cleaning it... leaving the door closed it gets toooooo smokey.

SO I bake and then last 10 to 20 minutes broil to get the crispness.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 11:50 AM

I prefer baking rather than broiling. I have the barby for chicken wings and anything like that.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a broiler with 2 thermost wirers like to install a programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I like to install a programmable thermostat to my broiler which has only 2 wires no a/c just base broad heating where do I attach wires

A battle [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible for an felony father and his wife get joint custody or vistitation rights on my son even if I have a family domestic vilence paper stating that and for me not to have my information available to them, even though the wife paid and look my information up on the computer and she have...

View more questions Search