Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2009, 08:08 AM
    Mandatory Sentences
    Hello:

Let's say a child was about to be sentenced in a Florida court where the judge is obliged by law to sentence the child to life without parole... But, let's say the judge refused, and sentenced him to less.

What would happen to the judge, and what would happen to the defendant?

excon
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 08:19 AM

The judge would be removed from the bench and potentially charged with a crime (since mandatory sentences are laws).

As to what happened to the defendant... his sentence would probably be extended by the superior court as the initial ruling was unlawful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is tipping mandatory? [ 31 Answers ]

Hi all, I hope this thread is in the right place. Here's my question; I ordered pizza today, I wanted it delivered to my house, so I paid the extra $3.00 charge for the privilege. I also wanted to pay cash, I had exactly $27.00 on me, and the total came to $26.78. Now, I usually do tip...

IS GRE mandatory for getting you.s visa? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a graduate student in agriculture and business management,and want to pursue my masters in agribusiness management in USA.I got through my toefl exam.I want to know if there are universities which require only toefl/ielts to do masters in agribusiness.I didn't give my GRE...

401 k mandatory withdrawel [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I find and what's the formula that determines how much I have to withdraw FROM MY 401k now that I'm 70 1/2 years old? Rich Parry

Non mandatory sentence [ 1 Answers ]

My Husband has caught his second drug case, and he has a state parole violation and that is a year. Ok now he go 1 1/2 to 4 for his new case. Now his attorney told us that if he does at least 3 to 6 months of his new case he would be able to get prerelease is that true? His sentencing is non...

View more questions Search