Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Horro421 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 04:23 AM
    Insert a disc into disc drive D:
    Hey, recently I bought a new game called Red Alert 3... but when I put it in my computer doesn't load it instead it makes a grinding noise, then stops for a few seconds, then noise again etc. and if I try and go Computer and double click on disc drive D to load it up all it says is Please insert a disc into disc drive D: then it ejects the disc. I use Vista and the game was sealed. Also, this has happened to a few games I've bought but some games do work.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 06:00 AM
    Have you tried the problem discs in another drive? Optical drives are notoriously fussy and short-lived in my experience. I also use drive emulation software (example Farstone Gamedrive) to make an image of a disc to run off a hard drive while playing. Doing so eliminates any optical drive issues during play and can decrease load times and improve overall game performance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disc drive [ 6 Answers ]

My computer has just stopped reading cds and the tray opens erratically by itself don't know what's wrong n e ideas

Disc drive defrafmentation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys/girls everyone Can anyone tell me out there what the deal is with defragmentation of hardiscs/harddrive... some boffins say it is good to compact the files regularly, others say no don't! What is the deal here does it do any good to the function of the operation of the PC... ...

Problem with Disc Drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, there. My Disc Drive (CD Rom drive, whatever it's called) won't open. I click the button that I normally do to open it and put a CD in, and all it does is flash a red light and not open. (truly irritating) My friend said there should be a hole to slip in something like a paper clip to...

Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable? [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search