Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ashy669 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 02:44 AM
    I cant put her down.
    HELP.. My baby girl will not let me put her down, She is 8weeks old and the ONLY place she will sleep is in your arms and if I do get to put her dow it will only be for no longer than 15min. PLEASE HELP ME!! I need sleep! :(
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 03:39 AM

She has you trained pretty good. You need to practice swaddling. One you get it right you might get some sleep.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 03:59 AM

You don't have to pick her up the second she fusses.Babies do fuss and then often will fall back to sleep.

Try patting her and giving her a pacifier ,without picking her up,talking soothingly.You will know soon enough if its going to take.If not I would pick her up before it gets full blown.

Babies under 4 months are incapable of being spoiled.At her age she has just learned that you are a separate entity and she fears you aren't coming back.She does not have the ability and won't for a few months to remember that you do return.

I remember sleeping on the couch while my son slept in his swing.
    I remember him in a bassinet with me practically hanging inside of it trying to sleep.I remember crying right along with him,both of them out of sheer exhaustion.

If you are breastfeeding,it is even more important for you to get adequate rest.

I would suggest you get a good friend or neighbor or anyone you trust to give you a hand.A few hours will seem like heaven.

There must be teenage girls in your neighborhood that could come in your home while you go get some much needed rest.

You will be there if she can't soothe her.Give her a shirt that you have worn to drape on herself,it does help having your smell.

Don't be ashamed to ask for help! Good luck to you and know this too shall pass !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search