Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mstone34 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 08:45 PM
    setting up dual core memory mode
    Building new system. Have Athalon 64 bit dual core Processor (2.6 Ghz). 4 slots for memory. Have matched pair of OCZ 4GB (2X2) on order; one 1GB stick operating in single core mode now. Also have some other 1GB sticks in inventory. If I were to use the 1 GB sticks or any other combo am I right in thinking that the first 2 banks have to be matching, and when I get the OCZ-will the proc recognize the pair of 2GB and use dual core mode. Or is there a setting in the bios I need to change? Thanks for the help... seems confusing to me.
    mindtab Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Aug 29, 2009, 04:52 PM

This might help you--> MEMORY FAQ (please read before posting)
    mindtab Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Aug 29, 2009, 06:32 PM

Also, referring to dual-channel systems

"Dual-channel DDR RAM has a misleading name and refers to the fact that dual-channel motherboards have two memory channels instead of one, making them more efficient than single-channel motherboards. So it's not really the RAM that's dual-channel, it's the motherboard, and as such, the RAM you use on a dual-channel motherboard doesn't need to be the same brand, have the same timings, or even the same speed. Many retailers sell dual-channel RAM in expensive pairs and imply that these pairs are the only way to ensure the fastest possible performance, but the reality is that a motherboard's dual-channel capabilities are what make for speedier operation."

Computer Power User Article - Wrong-Way RAM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the normal Desktop PC Temperature with Intel Dual core 3.00GHz cpu? [ 1 Answers ]

Please what should be the normal Desktop PC Temperature with Intel Dual core 3.00GHz cpu? The Desktop PC I put together myself is running crazy on me after few months. It shuts down and reboots and hangs on reboot. When I shut it down and tried to reboot it, it did not turn on and after letting it...

INTEL 3 and dual core [ 1 Answers ]

How is the intel dual core better than the intel 3??

AMD Athlone 64 OR Intel Dual Core [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I want to assemble a new computer for me. I want to know which processor should I use Intel Dual Core or AMD Athone 64 I use my computer for editing works,animation,video editing,converting videos and internet.I need very good performance,Graphix and good speed. WHICH PROCESSOR...

Dual mode/twin SIM phone for GSM and CDMA [ 4 Answers ]

I need help? Do you know any type of cell phone that supports both GSM and CDMA? Please just give a link and phone type... Thanks

XP Setup Restarts on Dual Core Box [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am going out of my mind with this problem and any help would be greatly appreciated. I decided to give my studio machine an upgrade and after much deliberation with a good mate of mine (and fellow producer) I opted for an AMD Dual Core X2 4600+, 2GB Corsair RAM, Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo and...

View more questions Search