Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 07:37 PM
    Change name of minor when parents never married
    I would like to change the last name of my baby after it has been put on the birth certificate. The father's name is on the birth certificate but we have never married. I would like for the baby's last name to be my last name. We live in the state of GA.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2009, 07:48 PM

Merely get the fathers permission and do a name change, very easy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are a mothers rights if the parents aren't married for a minor child [ 1 Answers ]

What are a mothers rights in va if the parents aren't married and the father kicked mother out of his house.

Minor Name Change/Birth Certificate Change [ 2 Answers ]

15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent. Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the...

Minor child's last name change parents never married both last names on Birth certifi [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 10 and I need to know how to change her last name. Both last names of the parent and non custodial parents last names are on the Birth certificate (hyphenated) but she only uses one name, however schools she attends uses both with the non custodial parents last name first. She...

Death of Parents of Minor Children [ 5 Answers ]

If something happens to both parents of minor children in Tennessee and they have no will, who will get custody of those children? Will they be placed in foster care. They have maternal and paternal grandparents and this is not likely to happen but what if it does? Should we advise these parents...

Responsibility of parents if a minor has a baby [ 3 Answers ]

My sisters husband 15 year old daughter is pregnant. Her mother has kicked her our of the house and does not know where she living. Wil it be her fathers responsibility to take care of this baby because she is a minor?

View more questions Search