Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slgary0013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 09:45 PM
    Roper dryer not drying my clothes
    My dryer is not drying my clothes. Initially, the dryer would be hot and not dry but I had moved and the vent lining was too long. That worked for awhile, but now, it takes 2-3 hours to dry the clothes. Another site said it might be a blown fuse. How do I get to the fuse box to replace it?
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 22, 2006, 06:16 AM
    Ropers have only one heating element so if it is getting heat then I would say the fuses are good.
    Normally low heat and slow drying is due to slow venting. The drier will start overheating and turn off the heat early. Make sure the venting is clear. You can test this by unhooking the venting and drying a load and see if it dryes normally.
    slgary0013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Kender,

Thank you for your quick response. The clothes dried as they were suppose to. My next question is how do I fix the problem?? I am a single parent and really can't afford a repairman. Thanks again.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 22, 2006, 11:04 AM
    If you have a leaf blower try to blow it out with that. Hook it on where the drier connerts to the vent.
    When the drier is hooked up make sure the flexable vent is not bending or getting crushed behind the drier when it is pushed back.
    young kim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 12:01 PM
    My dryer is not drying my clothes. Initially, the dryer would be hot and not dry but I had moved and the vent lining was too long. That worked for awhile, but now, it takes 2-3 hours to dry the clothes. Another site said it might be a blown fuse. How do I get to the fuse box to replace it?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 12:20 PM
    It is not a fuse. Clean your venting hose from the back of the dryer all the way to where it exits house. Then open dryer up and clean the blower, blower housing and vents inside the unit out very well and your clothes will dry in one cycle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirpool Senseon Dryer not drying [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have an electric Whirlpool Senseon dryer that's 6 years old. In the past 6 months the dryer has been taking much longer to dry. I have an appliance warranty through our local utility. I've made a call and they have dispatched one of their contract appliance repair contractors...

Roper Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

My dryer start on but is not heating up. Can some one give an answer what I need to do. Thank you, evertracy

Whirlppol dryer not drying [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer about 3.5 years old. The last 2 weeks it takes 2.5 hours to dry one load. I have cleaned all possible vents, the element still heats, it just doesn't dry! Very frustrating.:mad: Any help would be great! Thanks:)

Dryer not drying [ 1 Answers ]

My frigidaire dryer is heating but not drying in the appropriate time. It takes forever for the clothes to dry. Could this be the heating element?

Dryer not drying, heating [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I would like to fix this myself! My electric dryer is heating, but not drying my clothes. My lint trap is always clean every time I check it- which is weird because usually it needs to be cleaned between loads! When I open my dryer door (my dryer keeps going even when I open the door-...

View more questions Search