Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ice man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 09:41 PM
    no sound on my PC hewlett packard
    hellllllo there, I've got no sound on my PC and when I go on sound and audio page on my computer I can't even click on the audio thing its all grey I've done all the trouble shooting thing but I don't know wer I'm going wrong any help oh yeah if you have time can you let me know why my cd writer isn't recording it keeps saying there is no disk in the drive but I'm sure I keep putting one in
    Computer: Hewlett Packard *Pavilion 7929*
    Cd thingy *Mitsumi cr-48x5te*
    Thank you
    Ophion Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ice man
    hellllllo there, i've got no sound on my pc and when i go on sound and audio page on my computer i can't even click on the audio thing its all grey ive done all the trouble shooting thing but i dnt know wer im going wrong any help oh yeah if you have time can you let me know why my cd writer isnt recording it keeps saying there is no disk in the drive but im sure i keep putting one in
    Computer: Hewlett Packard *Pavilion 7929*
    Cd thingy *Mitsumi cr-48x5te*
    Thank you
    Sounds like you need to update drivers; do this:
    Control Panel>System>Hardware tab>"Device Manager" button

Then there should be an icon with a yellow question mark; right click each of them and "update drivers."

Let me know if this works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus flat bed scanner [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have one of the above scanners. Since I upgraded to Windows Xp Pro I cannot get it to scan. When I look in System Manager it says that the scanner is installed OK and the icon shows on the My Computer screen Is this a problem with my scanner or my USB installation? Anybody any ideas or...

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

Packard bell diamond 1200 plus scanner won't install [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I have a Packard bell diamond 1200 scanner plus and when I tried to install it the other day it said it couldn't verify it certificate and continuing with the installation could destabilize and impar my computer, the thing is that I installed it before and its worked fine but I don't know why it...

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

Packard Bell BIOS Upgrade [ 3 Answers ]

I havea 1997 PB PL2220. Have maxed memory to 128mb, 48x16x48 burner, 56x CD ROM, 8.4 G WD HDD with ATA66 (PCI card added). Works good, but slow. I downloaded BIOS update for the 680 M. Board, but when I try to update, the program starts to configure the blank floppy disk, dos type script says...

View more questions Search