Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joseramon2231 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 05:35 PM
    Is it better to use cast iron or pvc under ground??

Pvc or cast iron

How to tap into it?

How to do it?
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Aug 4, 2009, 05:37 PM

Schedule 40 pvc works just fine underground and is much easier to work with.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 4, 2009, 06:30 PM

Why three post? You have questions ask. Tell us what you are doing, put them in some contest. Combine your post.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 5, 2009, 05:25 AM
    Go with PVC. It will out last Cast Iron and the joints hold up better. Good luck, Tom

Joseramon2231,
    I have merged all your posts that are asking the same question. Please observe the posting rules in the future. We have recommended PVC as a replacement. If were me I'd replace all of that old terra-cotta line but you asked how to tie the PVC back to the terra-cotta. Would this be a hub or a bald piece of clay pipe? Regards, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 08:51 PM

Agree with Tom: PVC or ABS are the materials of choice. They make fittings for every possible pipe, size, material - and situation. Go to www.Fernco.com and see their catalog.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing pipe [ 1 Answers ]

What is Schedule 40 and Schedule 80?

Plumbing (stink) vent pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - How much does it cost to replace the plumbing vent pipe (or stink pipe)? I noticed the wall behind the toilet started to crumble. So, while knocking out some of the wall I noticed near the floor a large hole was in the plumbing vent. I heard they can cut the bad part and boot the new part. ...

Plumbing pipe noises [ 3 Answers ]

A hammering sound was occurring whenever a shower or sink were turned on or a toilet flushed. Also occurred when water entered the washing machine. The sound occurred consistently. Sometimes the hammering was extremely loud and accompanied by an equally loud groaning / deep sounding knocking or...

Plumbing supply pipe [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of pipes can I use to connect the hot water supply in my shower other than galvanized or copper? Thanks

Air Chamber Plumbing Pipe [ 8 Answers ]

We have had Water hammer happening at our house. While remodeling our bathroom, we discovered that the previous owners had drilled a hole in the plumbing air chamber pipe to run electrical wire to a new light they had installed!:eek: We have removed the electrical wire from the pipe. So our...

View more questions Search