Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Alexandrite ring
    I was given an alexandrite ring for my birthday recently, and I did some research on the stone. It says that they should usually appear to have a color change in the light and are in mostly hues of green and red. The one I was given Is a very deep blue color with very little to no color change. But it When I shine it in the light it has very nice clarity and it seems to be flawless. Is there any way I can make sure it's not synthesized or actually a sapphire?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 05:32 PM

... you can always take it to a [certified] jeweler to find out.

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight? [ 11 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

No dial tone when trying to ring out, won't let people ring in! [ 6 Answers ]

I was on the phone when the phone call was cut off and I could only hear a quiet buzzing sound, after this I tried to call my friend back and every time I pick up the phone I can only hear the buzzing sound! I asked my friend to call me instead, she said that it was ringing on her end, but my...

Alexandrite Precious Gemstone [ 3 Answers ]

I am disposing an estate and have one quality precious gem to be sold: .76 ct Alexandrite (true & natural stone) that is oval and has several changes in color in differing light. Gray, blue, green, violet, orange/yellow to name a few. What is the market value and where is the market? ...

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

View more questions Search