Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Narataru Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Aug 4, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Vent in the roof
    Hello,
    I'm going to install a 2nd vent stack, but I don't know how close they can be one to another, by code, and to the chimney. Thanks.
    Attached Images

Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 08:56 PM

I am not aware of any limitations in this situation. Just put it far away from other vent stack, chimneys, valleys, ridges and/or crickets so you can install new flushing and still have enough area left for sealing it with roof tiles or shingles.

Of course, if you have skylight close by, you have to maintain certain distances. In my area it is ten feet.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 6, 2009, 04:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Narataru View Post
    Hello,
    I'm going to install a 2nd vent stack, but I don't know how close they can be one to another, by code, and to the chimney. Thanks.
    If you're concerned with keeping in code you better go back and vent both the tubs and lavatories. As for the roof vents, they have no set distance that they have to be separated. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attic vent and vent pipe leaks through roof [ 7 Answers ]

Hello: I have water leaking down through the attic vents and white PVC vent pipes. What is the best way to repair these leaks? Can repairs be made from inside the attic? Should the vents be replaced (they are plastic)? Thank you!:(

Flashing Roof Vent on Flat Roof [ 14 Answers ]

I am getting ready to install some ventilation in my flat roof. I've decided to go with this system: Flat Roof Top Attic Ventilation. It looks perfect for my application. I've done some research on how to install the fan, including on a couple other forums, but have a couple of unanswered...

Condensation Build-up under Vent where Furnace vent exits Roof Line [ 4 Answers ]

I had a small water stain appear on my roof this winter and went up in the attic to find frozen condensation below the vent where both my water heater and my furnce exit the roof top. Do you have any suggestions on what could be causing this and how to rectify the situation.

Vent to roof-ripoff? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, we hired a plumber to rough/finish plumb our bathroom(3000.00-rough, 800.00 finish). Anyhow he did the rough, we paid him. Now it is time to plaster,drywall, we have no vent to the roof. He wants to wait until spring until roof thaws.OR, he wants to use an inside kit so that he does not want to...

What is a roof vent? [ 5 Answers ]

My washer drain and sink drain are clogged very badly, I've read the questions and answers to this problem and I'm sorry for sounding so stupid but what is a roof vent. My house is on a slab, no basement. I see that the tall drain pipe for the washer empties into a larger roundish section with a...

View more questions Search