Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shotbro Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 03:37 PM
    2 Green Cards on record
    I have been a permanent resident since 2001. When I was issued my green card for the first time, there was an administrative error where immigration misprinted my name. So I reapplied to get a replacement card. They re-issued it and they took my old card back. I left the country to go on vacation a couple of years after and upon re-entering into the country, they took me aside and questioned me. They said that I have 2 green cards on record but I only have 1 green card. How can I find out or who can I contact to make sure that I only have 1 green card on record? I don't want to be embarrassed and taken aside again as I will be leaving the country for another vacation.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Aug 4, 2009, 04:51 PM

File a FOIA request to see what is actually in your record. I would travel with evidence of the filing you made to correct the CIS error. You can file for citizenship.

Aug 5, 2009, 08:50 AM
    Thanks for the insight. That's a great idea to travel with that evidence. How do I file a FOIA request? What does that abbreviation actually stand for? Is there a link on the USCIS website where I can file that?

Thanks for the insight. That's a great idea to travel with that evidence. How do I file a FOIA request? What does that abbreviation actually stand for? Is there a link on the USCIS website where I can file that?

DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Aug 5, 2009, 09:40 AM

Freedom of Information Act. Its filed on G-639, more information here USCIS - Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts (FOIA)

No filing fee. Good luck.

Aug 5, 2009, 09:43 AM
    Thanks so much for that information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you record gift cards when a companies gives them away with a purchase? [ 3 Answers ]

I was looking for rules under GAAP and the IFRS to figure out the requirements for recording the following: Suppose a customer purchases $100 worth of merchandise and the company gives customers a $20 gift card if they purchase a $100 or more of their merchandise. How would a company account...

Nephew with a clean record needs a green card. [ 4 Answers ]

My nephew is 18 he's been living here 4 almost 7yrs he graduated high school last summer he has a clean record not even a traffic ticket and he needs his social security # so he could get a good job n maybe continue his education. How can we help him get it?

Fraud marage for Green cards [ 2 Answers ]

If I wanted to report a fraud marriage to us immigration, where should I contact by e-mail?

Green card with criminal record travel oversea [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my criminal records, finally I got my green card update to new one . Can I travel outside of the U.S ? Or I am at risk of being detain/process to be deport.

View more questions Search