Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dottyjane Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 03:13 PM
    How to get a flat, toned stomach?
    I really want to lose weight and get a flat toned stomach, but don't really know the best (and most quick!) way to do it.
    I'm 17 and just done my A-levels, so have all this summer before I go to uni and want to look good! I've joined a gym, but what's the best kind of exercises I should be doing, and for how long, and how often?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 05:27 PM

Bodybuilders have a saying "Abs are built in the kitchen, not the gym." You can't spot exercise your way to flat abs. You already have a six pack, it's just hidden under a layer of fat, and the best way to show it off is to fine tune your diet to strip off the excess bodyfat.

Cut out all the junk food and white carbs, eat plenty of quality protein, healthy fats, fruit and veg.

In the gym, work your whole body, using compound lifts like squat, deadlift, bench press, pull-ups, dips, etc. When you are doing your cardio, go hard at it. The fat burning zone is a myth. If you work hard, pant and sweat, you'll burn a lot more calories, including more fat calories, than if you just stroll for an hour.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 06:04 PM

Crunches and obliques every morning will help too.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Aug 5, 2009, 06:10 PM

Running works wonders for my abs.

For some reason, other exercises just aren't as effective for me as far as helping me with that area, though.

But like someone posted above, it's best to have overall fitness and health, rather just try to get one area healthy.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 04:25 PM

Work the abdominals and the torso with machines at the gym they do wonders too.
    Cedric J Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 02:08 PM

Abs require a lot of exercises to work them out, because they are composed of many muscles. You have to hit them from all angles.

Here's a free guide on how to get abs, which has some good routines for getting a 6-pack

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get flat stomach? [ 1 Answers ]

No Results, weight is the same, abdominal fat is same-everyday in health club, 30 min cardio, 30 min -weights and abs. Sophia

Best way to get a flat stomach. [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. Firstly - Im a girl, 19 years old, thin build, average height, fairly healthy.. (I am presuming that info might help you to answer my question) Ive been wanting for ages now to get a flat stomach and reduce the amount of flesh on my hips. I am not overweight (most likely underweight)...

Flat stomach [ 2 Answers ]

What can you do to get a flat stomoch?? :mad:i am sooo mad cause my cousin has a pretty flat stomach and I which I can get it so that I can wear bikinis... Can somoeone just plzzz help me??

Diet to get a toned stomach [ 1 Answers ]

I want a six pack or just a well toned stomach and I am already doing ab exercises but what should my diet be like to help me achieve my goal of a toned stomach? (I already know not to eat junk food) :rolleyes:

Flat Stomach [ 3 Answers ]

I'm fourteen, almost fifthteen, and I am 5 foot 9 inches tall. I have a 30.5 inch waist. I weigh around 138 lbs. I was wondering is my stomach flat according to these measurments? :D

View more questions Search